Do you think pokemon are mistreated?

#1 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -

I mean they are captured and stuck in those pokeballs all day until the trainer tells them to come out.  Seems like it would encourage kids to find real animals and have them fight against each other. 

#2 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Yes, they are mistreated, but not for that reason; for this one:

#3 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -

I take very good care of my Pokemon. I always make sure to catch a boy and girl of every type. That way they don't have to sleep with that whore Ditto and catch Pokeherpes.
#4 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

No, because they aren't real.

#5 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -
@crono11 said:
"I take very good care of my Pokemon. I always make sure to catch a boy and girl of every type. That way they don't have to sleep with that whore Ditto and catch Pokeherpes. "

You've made my day!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" No, because they aren't real. "
This, and also because it's already been addressed in the series that pokémon enjoy battling for their trainers.
#7 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I've had elaborate discussions about this with friends, and we concluded if they were real they'd probably be mistreated but at the same time having a wild Charizard may pose some sort of threat.

#8 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

I think these forums are being mistreated.

#9 Posted by Tornac (134 posts) -

I don't know about the fictional creatures, but the games aren't treated with much care. There good and all, but the devs don't seem to care much about making the series better.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19017 posts) -

All Pokemon are treated with love and care.
#11 Posted by Okari (168 posts) -

No, Pokemon aren't real. Ever wonder why Pokemon turn into beams of light when they leave and return from their pokeballs? It's because they're digital monsters. It all takes place in a Matrix. Think about it.

#12 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1873 posts) -

meh, appearantly wild pokemon get jealous of trainer pokemon, and appearanlty most trainers seem to love their pokemon, so no.

#13 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Yes, I beat the shit out of my pokemans.

#14 Edited by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

#15 Edited by ZombiePie (5707 posts) -

Moving this to the Pokemon thread...and I swear sometimes I love you all too much.

#16 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

They don't seem to mind too much.

#17 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
#18 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Could be worse... 

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@crono11 said:
" I take very good care of my Pokemon. I always make sure to catch a boy and girl of every type. That way they don't have to sleep with that whore Ditto and catch Pokeherpes. "
This 

Also, if Pokemon felt mistreated, they could always kill their trainers.
#20 Posted by EpicSteve (6490 posts) -

They are hunted down by kids and are captured, only to be brought out to fight. Fight something that either utilizes mind tricks, breaths fire, can drown you, or has super strength.

#21 Posted by RVonE (4659 posts) -
@Okari said:
"No, Pokemon aren't real. Ever wonder why Pokemon turn into beams of light when they leave and return from their pokeballs? It's because they're digital monsters. It all takes place in a Matrix. Think about it. "

Wait, Pokemon are Digimon?! Mind is blown!
#22 Posted by Bones8677 (3263 posts) -

Of course, I mean look at those games! 
5 generations and barely ANY innovation. Every game is exactly the same and...oh... you mean the Pokemon themselves? Oh....kay....

#23 Posted by Tearhead (2177 posts) -

Dude, fuck the pokemon! Do you realize those people live in a world where it's okay to kick your 11 year old child out into a world of monsters that breathe fucking fire and shoot electricity and then tell them to catch, train and fight them?!

#24 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Where's PETA when you need them?

#25 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

I've always wondered if everyone is a vegetarian in the pokemon universe and if not, what types of pokemon are bred for consumption?
#26 Posted by ZombiePie (5707 posts) -
@BionicMonster said:
" I've always wondered if everyone is a vegetarian in the pokemon universe and if not, what types of pokemon are bred for consumption? "
Another thing is whether or not Pokemon eat other Pokemon. I mean they appear to be their own ecosystem so that would suggest that there are carnivore and omnivores in the Pokemon world. So do Charazards eat squirtles?
#27 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

They aren't real, so... No?

#28 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@ZombiePie said:
Another thing is whether or not Pokemon eat other Pokemon. I mean they appear to be their own ecosystem so that would suggest that there are carnivore and omnivores in the Pokemon world. So do Charazards eat squirtles? "
If I remember correctly, during one of the earliest episodes of Pokemon, a Spearow (or was it a Pidgey?) swooped down and grabbed a Weedle. It didn't show it being eaten, because one of the characters chased it and captured the Weedle or something. I know it showed that, but whether they have their own ecosystem is an interesting question.
#29 Posted by x_XJules (303 posts) -

FACT: I gave pokemon sounds to my cats. 

FACT: There is a gunshow comic for every situation 

#30 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@ZombiePie said:
" Moving this to the Pokemon thread...and I swear sometimes I love you all too much. "
aww, i love you too <3
#31 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -

I think you're thinking too hard.

#32 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

Pokemon in the wild learn on a regular basis how to self destruct themselves at the first person who happens to walk through the wrong patch of grass.  I'm not sure you even can mistreat something that has a natural defense mechanism of fucking exploding itself into unconsciousness.

#33 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -

if they were being mistreated, all pokemon trainers would be dead. they have the ability to set on fire and cut us into pieces, among other things.  

pokemon love us <3 

#34 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
" Pokemon in the wild learn on a regular basis how to self destruct themselves at the first person who happens to walk through the wrong patch of grass.  I'm not sure you even can mistreat something that has a natural defense mechanism of fucking exploding itself into unconsciousness. "
This man speaks the truth.
#35 Posted by lilman1101 (1074 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" I've had elaborate discussions about this with friends, and we concluded if they were real they'd probably be mistreated but at the same time having a wild Charizard may pose some sort of threat. "
Wow, you have freakin weird conversations.
#36 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@xMP44x said:
" @ZombiePie said:
Another thing is whether or not Pokemon eat other Pokemon. I mean they appear to be their own ecosystem so that would suggest that there are carnivore and omnivores in the Pokemon world. So do Charazards eat squirtles? "
If I remember correctly, during one of the earliest episodes of Pokemon, a Spearow (or was it a Pidgey?) swooped down and grabbed a Weedle. It didn't show it being eaten, because one of the characters chased it and captured the Weedle or something. I know it showed that, but whether they have their own ecosystem is an interesting question. "
Many of the Pokedex entries also make reference to Ekens eating Ratatta's or Pidgey's etc.
I also beleive there was reference of a Pokemon hunted to extinction by humans, similar to the Dodo.

So yes, they're definitely eaten, it's just not something they really need to get into in the games.
#37 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@lilman1101 said:
" @Ineedaname said:
" I've had elaborate discussions about this with friends, and we concluded if they were real they'd probably be mistreated but at the same time having a wild Charizard may pose some sort of threat. "
Wow, you have freakin weird conversations. "
Believe me, that's only the tip of the iceberg with that conversation it went alot deeper.
XD and yes, we have weird conversations!
#38 Posted by lilman1101 (1074 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" @lilman1101 said:
" @Ineedaname said:
Wow, you have freakin weird conversations. "
Believe me, that's only the tip of the iceberg with that conversation it went alot deeper. XD and yes, we have weird conversations! "
Fair Enough.
#39 Posted by Australia (126 posts) -

But no matter how bad you treat your Pokemon they never die, so what is the worst you can do? 
Unlike Sims, you can murder them foo's!

#40 Posted by wonderhare (350 posts) -
@crono11: 

Pokeherpes? Oh man, now I feel kinda bad. :l

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.