GB Staff: Who's that Pokemon?

Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -

I was chatting with a friend about the giantbomb staff and what kind of personalities they have - and we tried matching them up to pokemon that we felt best reflected their personalities. I then went over to Bulbapedia and borrowed the descriptions of those pokemon and applied them to the staff. 

Please note nothing malicious is being implied here by any apparent comparisons.

It was just a fun exercise that threw out some amusing parallels. Enjoy :D

Jeff

Jeff has a round body covered in purple fur. He has a pair of clodhopper feet and stubby forepaws. Jeff has a pincer-like mouth, red compound eyes and white antennae. Jeff has highly developed eyes, which it uses to help find suitable prey. The eyes can also shoot powerful beams. Additionally, poison oozes from all over Jeff's body. The small bugs he catches and eats appear only at night, so he sleeps in a hole in a tree until night falls. Jeff’s prey and Jeff himself are both attracted by bright light. 

Ryan

Ryan's most well-known special ability is launching a horrid-smelling pollen that has been described as smelling like a mixture of old sneakers, garbage, and rotten eggs with a hint of skunk fumes. This stench has shown to smell bad enough to knock out other people and Pokémon. The fluid that oozes from his mouth, despite appearance, is actually a honey-like nectar Ryan uses to attract prey. Ryan is characterized of being able to release an incredibly foul stench from the pistils and pollen of his flower. When faced with danger, the stench worsens. If Ryan is feeling calm and secure, however, he does not release his usual stinky aroma.  

Vinny

Vinny hides in very dark places, where he plots to take the life of the next living thing that comes near. He then silently stalks his victims. Vinny has the ability to float through solid walls, and many people believe that Vinny is from another dimension because of this ability. He has also been known to entertain and prank people. 

Brad

Brad has a skinny, stem-like body with roots that resemble feet and are used similarly. Brad has a pair of green leaves, and a yellow head with pink lips. Despite his small size, Brad is versatile. His stem is long, thin and very flexible, making him capable of swerving rapidly to avoid many attacks he is weak to or move with blinding speed to capture prey. He can use his roots to replenish moisture and health from the ground if he gets hit. 

So, who are they?

Whaddya think? Not bad, right :D

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
#1 Edited by Sweep (8859 posts) -

I was chatting with a friend about the giantbomb staff and what kind of personalities they have - and we tried matching them up to pokemon that we felt best reflected their personalities. I then went over to Bulbapedia and borrowed the descriptions of those pokemon and applied them to the staff. 

Please note nothing malicious is being implied here by any apparent comparisons.

It was just a fun exercise that threw out some amusing parallels. Enjoy :D

Jeff

Jeff has a round body covered in purple fur. He has a pair of clodhopper feet and stubby forepaws. Jeff has a pincer-like mouth, red compound eyes and white antennae. Jeff has highly developed eyes, which it uses to help find suitable prey. The eyes can also shoot powerful beams. Additionally, poison oozes from all over Jeff's body. The small bugs he catches and eats appear only at night, so he sleeps in a hole in a tree until night falls. Jeff’s prey and Jeff himself are both attracted by bright light. 

Ryan

Ryan's most well-known special ability is launching a horrid-smelling pollen that has been described as smelling like a mixture of old sneakers, garbage, and rotten eggs with a hint of skunk fumes. This stench has shown to smell bad enough to knock out other people and Pokémon. The fluid that oozes from his mouth, despite appearance, is actually a honey-like nectar Ryan uses to attract prey. Ryan is characterized of being able to release an incredibly foul stench from the pistils and pollen of his flower. When faced with danger, the stench worsens. If Ryan is feeling calm and secure, however, he does not release his usual stinky aroma.  

Vinny

Vinny hides in very dark places, where he plots to take the life of the next living thing that comes near. He then silently stalks his victims. Vinny has the ability to float through solid walls, and many people believe that Vinny is from another dimension because of this ability. He has also been known to entertain and prank people. 

Brad

Brad has a skinny, stem-like body with roots that resemble feet and are used similarly. Brad has a pair of green leaves, and a yellow head with pink lips. Despite his small size, Brad is versatile. His stem is long, thin and very flexible, making him capable of swerving rapidly to avoid many attacks he is weak to or move with blinding speed to capture prey. He can use his roots to replenish moisture and health from the ground if he gets hit. 

So, who are they?

Whaddya think? Not bad, right :D

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
#2 Posted by lolicanseeyou (527 posts) -
@Sweep: <3 u, and that was amazing.
#3 Edited by Daveyo520 (6751 posts) -

You sure do make good blogs Mr. Hamburger Head.

Also I didn't know being color blind made Jeff and Vinny's eyes better.

#4 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Got all bar Gloom. Also I love you more than lolicanseeyou Sweep.

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (15946 posts) -

Ha, not what I was expecting.

#6 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

very nice. I just like you a normal amount. Probably less than lolicanseeyou and definitely less than dbz1995 :) 

Vinny is obviously the coolest, bar none.

#7 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I don't know. I am not up to date on ma pokemons to know if better matches exist.
#8 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -
@c1337us: I only acknowledge the first 150 as real pokemons. The new shiny bastards can fuck off.
#9 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -
@Sweep: Thinking of Jeff as a Gloom gave me a good laugh. Well done, Sweep.
#10 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -
@tdk08: heh the pictures actually got swapped around for some reason. It's Ryan that is the Gloom ;)
#11 Edited by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Even though this image has barely anything to do with your blog, I feel this is a good opportunity to get it out there.
#12 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

You have to do this with Dave, Drew and who ever else you choose from the whiskey media family.

#13 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -
@nanikore:  It's a lot easier to cum forwards than Muk backwards :| 
#14 Posted by xyzygy (9986 posts) -

Loving the Vinny and Haunter matchup. I can kinda see it, haha. 

But for me, Brad would have to be Flareon ^.^

#15 Posted by lolicanseeyou (527 posts) -
@Sweep: so, what pokemon are you like;  and what am I based on your knowledge of me and my avatar?
#16 Edited by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

Without reading the spoilers: 

Jeff - I don't know. 
Ryan - Gloom. 
Vinny - Mischievous. 
Brad - Bellsprout. 

Edit: I disagree, it is Mischievous who plays pranks. It's because he's MISCHIEVOUS! Get it!? 

I disapprove of Haunter being the answer.

#17 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Drew gives off so much light that it can be seen even from space. People once used him as a beacon, or to send signals across the ocean.  He is a gentle sort that spends most of his time grazing in flocks. Because his tail glows brightly, in times of emergency he uses his tail as a beacon in the place of a lighthouse. 

#18 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -
@lolicanseeyou: I don't think there is a creepy raper pokemon?!? 

#19 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

When I saw the pictures in the spoiler I could only remember Bellsprout's name. I actualy feel very good about that.

#20 Posted by lolicanseeyou (527 posts) -
#21 Posted by roc_553 (209 posts) -

#22 Posted by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

Brad is more of a Pidgey in my book.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Oooh, ooh! *raises hand* What Pokemon am I? And what about the new guys? Or Drew? Or Dave?

#24 Edited by Sweep (8859 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: You are an Oddish. Don't ask me why. 

EDIT: I just realised that means you would eventually evolve into Ryan. Horrifying.
#25 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -

Brad is definitely a Bellsprout.

#26 Posted by ZombiePie (5665 posts) -

Awesome Pokemans dude.

#27 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

What's up with your Pokemon fetish? Two blogs in a row. Are you reliving your childhood or something?

#28 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I got them all except for Gloom. 

#29 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Its Vinny!
GOD DAMMIT AAHHHHHHHHHHH
#30 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -
@luce:  hahaha, that video makes me laugh, even if it fucking random.
#31 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

Always figured Ryan for a Snorlax. Not a comment on his personality or anything, for some reason that just seems... right.

#32 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -
@Oni said:
" Always figured Ryan for a Snorlax. Not a comment on his personality or anything, for some reason that just seems... right. "
This was considered. Snorlax was deemed too slow and lazy for ryan, who is often pretty animated.
#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11733 posts) -

Who is Dave then? I will give you a hint. He burrows underground, has wings but can only hover a few feet in the air, and can only be found in a dark cave.

#34 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

Haha, I loved this blog post.  Man, I so didn't get the first one.  I thought you were just making up a pokemon at first.

#35 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -

I got 3/4. Did not think of Venonat. I got the others though :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.