Pokemon Ranger: Path of Light - Screens
Glad to see another Pokemon Ranger game in the works, it's a shame people completely ignore the games as "another shitty Pokemon spin-off". I think the first game (Sadly haven't gotten the second yet) is one of the best games on the DS. Had some fun adventure-style gameplay mixed with challenging... circle spinning while avoiding obstacles as weird as that sounds. Fun game that shows off what the DS can do "more fun" than other consoles.
I actually really like the Pokemon Ranger games, they're a lot more what I always expected the main series of RPG's to be like. The world is a lot more lively and filled with Pokemon roaming around, instead of just being in random battles (and standing beside the odd trainer). The stories in both games have been slightly more complex and really funny too. The atmosphere and environments are just done so much better, it's a shame the gameplay just involves drawing circles around the Pokemon to capture them for brief periods of time.
They're still a lot of fun though, definitely looking forward to it.
It's the only Pokemon spin-off worth paying attention to.
" Is Ukelele Pichu like Surfing Pikachu or Flying Pikachu? "
All I know is that he lives on Drop Island, an island in the Oblivia region that serves as the setting for Pokemon Ranger: Path of Light. Something will lead you to travel alongside Ukelele Pichu, whose ukelele plays music when electricity passes through it.
- Similar to Batonage, you're free to select between a male and female main character at the start of the game. The character you don't select becomes your partner character. Your party is dispatched from Ranger headquarters to the game's island location.
- And island location apparently means you'll encounter some new island-style Pokemon, like the presence of a Ukulele Pichu, a Pichu that has a Ukulele.
- You make use of your Capture Styler device to capture Pokemon. The device has been updated for Path of Light to include a new "Ranger Sign" feature. You can sign the screen to call out Pokemon for support. For instance, call out Suicune with your Ranger Sign, and you'll be able to run about on the surface of water.
- You can also make enlist the help of Pokemon when capturing other Pokemon. This is called a Poke Assist. You have to use an appropriate assist depending on the Pokemon at hand. Once attacked, your assist Pokemon will flee the scene.
- The game includes multiplayer support, with four player cooperative play and special cooperative-only missions.
- Wi-Fi support will give players access to special mission downloads. There will initially be one particular mission that lets you obtain Deoxys. You'll be able to carry Deoxys over to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
"Wi-Fi support will give players access to special mission downloads. There will initially be one particular mission that lets you obtain Deoxys. You'll be able to carry Deoxys over to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver."That is amazing, my local Gamestop (and by local I mean 45 miles away) completely ignored their Deoxys giveaway like 2ish years ago (or whenever that went down) because they had some sale going on, so yeah I never got mine and hadn't cared about getting one since. He is pretty much one of the only Pokemon I am missing that isn't hacked.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.