What is your Favorite Pokemon?

• 155 results
#51 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1770 posts) -
#52 Edited by NegativeCero (3026 posts) -

Nidoking

#53 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

Alakazam. His spoons could mess you up.

Although I remember some Gen III ones being alright too.

#54 Posted by L44 (571 posts) -

The idea of Throh was hilariously retarded.

But Snorlax

#55 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

Always had something for Rhydon.

Gross.

#56 Posted by TheRealMoot (415 posts) -

Vaporeon.

#57 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@RockmanBionics: He's the question I've always had about Cuebones.  Is it's mother a Marowak or another Cuebone?  If the latter, do other pokemon lose cultural traits through evolution?  Is Pokemon actually a secret scathing satire on the effects of both biological and technological evolution of our bodies and its effect of the unraveling of societal norms?
#58 Posted by NakAttack (1291 posts) -

Ninetails hands down for me

#59 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Yamask

#60 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Gengar, motherfucker.

#61 Posted by eternitymemory (153 posts) -

Espeon! I'm deeply saddened that I can't catch an Eevee in Emerald to evolve one, which is the only working Pokemon game I have right now.

I like Serperior, too, though I've never played a Gen V game.

#62 Posted by JackSukeru (5950 posts) -

@Turambar: Not sure what you're on about with the cultural traits thing, however the first Marowak sprites in Pokemon don't seem to have the fused bone skull of its latter incarnations. Not sure if I'm seeing it wrong or if they changed it, and in that case maybe it was done to take attention away from the fact that the creature's skull would later be used as a helmet by its children. Then again I'm not sure if fusing said skull to its face was the best alternative. Man, Pokemon is kinda messed up.

Green
Red/Blue

One thing I thought was interesting was that some people have apparently theorized that a Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan that has lost its mother, and that Kangaskhan was originally going to be the final evolution of Cubone (There was also a theory that the Kangaskhan Marowak code was moved instead of being deleted and that this was the origin of MissingNo). I kind of like this idea because the whole thing comes full circle with the Kangskhan and the baby.

As things are now, how does EVERY Cubone having the skull of its mother make any sense? Best not to think about it.

Fan made image
#63 Posted by UlquioKani (1169 posts) -

Sceptile

#64 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

Out of the original 151?

Gengar

Overall? Heracross. God what a great pokemon.

#65 Posted by Capum15 (4967 posts) -

Absol, though Swampert is a very close second. Out of the original, it'd be Venasaur.

#66 Posted by ESREVER (2703 posts) -

Always Eevee.

#67 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:

@Turambar: As things are now, how does EVERY Cubone having the skull of its mother make any sense? Best not to think about it.

Fan made image
That's what I meant by cultural trait.  As the act of wearing the skull of one's mother is a pan-species habit, it can be considered part of the cubone culture. 
#68 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

Milktank.

#69 Edited by StarvingGamer (8476 posts) -

Zangoose

Dood, seriously

EDIT: Although my old SC:BW handle was Aaron'sPsyduck so... there's that

#70 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

The yellow guy.

#71 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Can't decide just one so I'll go by Gen.

• Gen I: Kingler
  • Gen II: Dunsparce
  • Gen III: Breloom/Wailord
  • Gen IV: Honchrow
  • Gen V: Volcarona

There's just so many good ones!

@Halos_god said:

@joshthebear said:

Mr. Mime is the only correct answer.

Dang... I wasn't thinking about him. I also like Regigigas.

Wait, wait, wait. You call Gen V pokemon retarded, and then say Regigagas is cool? He's the fugliest motherfucker out there.

#72 Posted by CookieMonster (2443 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Wow thats really nice, The only bad one drawing is that Marowak one. A real head-scratcher that one.

Yeah my favourite ir probably feraligtr

#73 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

Milotic of course! I love water types and was into the contest stuff during 4th gen, which led me to discover Milotic for beauty contests. While trying to breed one with a beneficial nature, I hatched a sickly looking purple Feebas. My first and only shiny. :)

#74 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I love the entire first two generations.

Favorite is hard to choose but my dream team would be Squirtle, Sentret, Lillipup/Herdier and Emolga.

#75 Edited by Trilogy (2683 posts) -

Abra is certainly one of my favorites. I never really cared for his evolved forms, visually speaking.

#76 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Psyduck

#77 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5077 posts) -

I can't choose:

#78 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I can't stand anything other than the first 2 generations. The ones in Black and White just piss me off because they're so awful. A vanilla ice cream cone pokemon? WHY? A lamp pokemon? WHY?

EDIT: Oh I forgot about the best one. A garbage bag pokemon that evolves into a broken garbage bag boken.

#79 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1201 posts) -

Haven't played Pokémon in years, but I remember Alakazam carrying me through the games I played so I'll go with that one.

#80 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I can't stand anything other than the first 2 generations. The ones in Black and White just piss me off because they're so awful. A vanilla ice cream cone pokemon? WHY? A lamp pokemon? WHY?

Sorry, but Chandelure is just the greatest Pokemon ever made.

I also don't really get those complaints. Is a lamp and an ice-cream cone any different than an egg or a magnet? Every generation has had it's bad/weird Pokemon and aside from the legendaries, I don't think there's been any drop in quality.

#81 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

@CL60 said:

Sorry, but Chandelure is just the greatest Pokemon ever made.

I also don't really get those complaints. Is a lamp and an ice-cream cone any different than an egg or a magnet? Every generation has had it's bad/weird Pokemon and aside from the legendaries, I don't think there's been any drop in quality.

Sure, every generation has their bad ones. But I just got Black and I'm seeing an abnormal amount of absolutely ridiculous pokemon.

#82 Posted by Shrimpy (96 posts) -

Psyduck

Dude is crazy.

#83 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Golem & Chikorita

#84 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I haven't played Pokemon in years, but to this day it is still Typhlosion.

#85 Edited by 49th (2821 posts) -

PRIMAPE FUCK YEAH

I got mine to level 100.

#86 Posted by two_socks (235 posts) -

Squirtle, obviously.

#87 Posted by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -

Blastoise, it's a Turtle with GUNS!

#88 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Pikachu probably. Always spent so damn long in viridian forest trying to get one of the pesky things each playthrough as a kid hehe.

Riolu/Lucario is pretty awesome though as far as the newer stuff goes. Begin to lose track of them all though post red and blue.

#89 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

Alakazam, Charazard, and Arbok were almost always in my party.

Ready to get your mind blown? Ekans is just snake written backwards! I KNOW! Blew my mind when I discovered this too.

#90 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Ditto, because it can be any pokemon you want it to be. I would have it be a girl.

Thank god. I thought I was the only one who had that filthy dream as a kid.

#91 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

@crusader8463: And Arbok backwards is "Kobra"! OHMAHGAWD!

#92 Posted by killacam (1286 posts) -

what, no poll?!

#93 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (558 posts) -

Butterfree is the best. Confusion at Level 10? Yeah Brock didn't stand a chance I dunno why he even tried.

@crusader8463: What if I told you "kobrA" is Arbok spelled backwards?

#94 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

@jyluth: @thebipsnbeeps: I had that one in there too, but I left it out since they had to change the c to a k to make it work. Not as mind blowing.

#95 Posted by joachimo (201 posts) -

Magicarp, because he is destined for greatness in the end

#96 Posted by krazy_kyle (715 posts) -

I always liked Haunter

#97 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -
#98 Edited by WildFloyd (127 posts) -

Porygon! You can teach him all the best moves and porygon 2 gets evolved to porygon-z using a "Dubious Disc" which i always found hilarious

#99 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5077 posts) -

@Flawed_System: Ice.

#100 Posted by Brodehouse (10107 posts) -

Geodude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.