#101 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Magicarp, motherfuckers.

#102 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -

zubat

#103 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Bulbasaur.

#104 Posted by Bollard (5200 posts) -

@WizardShazam said:

Many may compete for my second favorite but Scyther has been number one since the days of Red/Blue.

Scyther was dope!

Skarmory was pretty cool too, and a friend of mine had a shiny one (green wings) which I may or may not have now... I don't know why but I always quite liked Tropius too.

#105 Posted by Bollard (5200 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

@Turambar: Not sure what you're on about with the cultural traits thing, however the first Marowak sprites in Pokemon don't seem to have the fused bone skull of its latter incarnations. Not sure if I'm seeing it wrong or if they changed it, and in that case maybe it was done to take attention away from the fact that the creature's skull would later be used as a helmet by its children. Then again I'm not sure if fusing said skull to its face was the best alternative. Man, Pokemon is kinda messed up.

Green
Red/Blue

One thing I thought was interesting was that some people have apparently theorized that a Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan that has lost its mother, and that Kangaskhan was originally going to be the final evolution of Cubone (There was also a theory that the Kangaskhan Marowak code was moved instead of being deleted and that this was the origin of MissingNo). I kind of like this idea because the whole thing comes full circle with the Kangskhan and the baby.

As things are now, how does EVERY Cubone having the skull of its mother make any sense? Best not to think about it.

Fan made image

MissingNo evolves into Kangaskhan sometimes right? I fucking love the existance of MissingNo, such an amazing glitch, and its crazy how much detail people have found out about it.

#106 Posted by ApeGantz (216 posts) -

Quilava and Murkrow

#107 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Caterpie, mother fucker

#108 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Diglett

#109 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Magicarp.

Spash attack ftw.

#110 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

Primeape.

#111 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

Psyduck

#112 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Omnimon

#113 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

Absol. Now there's a smug looking pokeman.

#114 Posted by vikingdeath1 (925 posts) -

Gengar FO SHO!

With Yanmega a close 2nd

#115 Posted by sonicrift (293 posts) -

I would be happy to have a Piplup as my best friend.

#116 Posted by Jolt92 (1538 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

And Charizard.

#117 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Charizard, he's a boss.

#118 Posted by brophdog (87 posts) -

Bulba

#119 Edited by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Such a hard question, I really can't decide but I have a limited it to a few.

• Caterpie (No idea why!)
  • Butterfree.
  • Starmie.
  • Snorlax.
  • Vulpix.
#120 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

Gyrados I think that's how to spell it, it has been many a full moon since I have played that game or even seen anything Pokemon related.

#121 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

@killacam said:

what, no poll?!

Nice work! I had to think about that one, but when I did...

#122 Posted by Deadmanforking (566 posts) -

Pidgeot. I love that damn pidgeon!

#123 Posted by QKT (247 posts) -

typhlosion or tyranitar.

damn im getting on my DS to play SS now.

#124 Edited by Obsidian (346 posts) -
Squirtle
#125 Posted by Halos_god (160 posts) -

@Maystack: Hes better that a floating ice cream cone.

#126 Posted by Halos_god (160 posts) -

@Flawed_System: Good question...

#127 Posted by cjcox (101 posts) -

From each Gen: Dragonite, Heracross, Metagross, Drapion, Haxorus

Overall Metagross.

#128 Posted by CatsAkimbo (600 posts) -

Eevee! Adorable, looks like a fennec, and has the potential to turn into several different things.

#129 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Hmm... probably Arcanine. Electabuzz and Cubone are pretty cool too, though

#130 Posted by 1337W422102 (1003 posts) -

Fuck yeah, Seaking.

#131 Posted by Fattony12000 (6950 posts) -

Number 94, the hard hittin' Ghost/Poison type Pokemon of your very darkest nightmares...

MOTHER FUCKING GENGAR FUCKS!

#132 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Snorlax forever.

#133 Posted by Legendary (136 posts) -

Kabutops.

#134 Posted by Vigil (231 posts) -

Id have to say Zapdos, there was something magical about catching it in game, then getting the card in a pack.

#135 Posted by Pox22 (342 posts) -

Kadabra. Psychic was overpowered in Red/Blue, since all the Ghost pokemon had the Poison subtype. I loved Kadabra (not counting Alakazam, because I never had anyone to trade with) though because he had such an amazing move set without any TM's. Psybeam, Psychic, Barrier, Recover. So good.

#136 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Arceus, everyone was totally jealous of my Arceus EX.

#137 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1106 posts) -

Ampharos. I like it's battle cray, and it's pretty useful in HG/SS.

#138 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -

Tyranitar. Why? Because fuck you, come at me, I have a goddamn Tyranitar.

#139 Posted by GalacticGravy (540 posts) -

Sandslash

#140 Posted by Halos_god (160 posts) -

I just picked up Pokemon Red yester day. Already got blastiose

#141 Posted by MocBucket62 (1131 posts) -

I've always really liked Arcanine, it was my favorite as a kid because it's a part dog part tiger that breathes fire! It would be either Arcanine or Blastoise, because how badass is a turtle with guns as shoulders!

#142 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Donphan!

#143 Posted by spacetrogg (59 posts) -

My favorite has to be Poliwrath- though my love for it has been tainted with tragedy. When Pokemon cards were at their peak I got my hands on a weird pink cat thingy which kinda sucked so one of the older kids took me aside, agreed with me that the card I had was lame and offered me a pitty trade of a Poliwrath. I jumped at the chance, only for the guy to gleefully announce that the card I had just traded away was a Mew and he ran off to tell the rest of the playground about his conquest.

To this day I have not allowed myself to train a Poliwrath in any of the games, water stones go unused in my bag and the Elite Four all mock my puny Poliwhirl...

#144 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

My favourite Rapidash...
It... cute... lovely... smart... plus amazing... you think so? Oh yes... it stunning... kindly... love it! Hug it when sleeping... warm... and cuddly... spectacular... ravishing... Oops! Look at the time! I kept you too long!

#145 Posted by Video_Game_King (35793 posts) -

Sukuna-Hikona's pretty cool.

#146 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

Psyduck!

#147 Posted by Fistoh (119 posts) -

I really like Dusknoir, I think it looks so cool, not to mention the fact that I love the Ghost type. I actually like a lot of the Gen V pokemon too, especially Hydreigon, I just like the deisgn of it, and it's definitely the coolest of the generation.

#148 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Persian, bitches. That's right, you see my Persian you know I'm going to look classy as hell stomping your ass.

#149 Posted by captain_max707 (477 posts) -

Porygon, because the name is hilarious.

#150 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -

My favorite is Missingno. I mean, how can you not love the adorable glitch champ?

But seriously, I think I will always have a place for Cubone. When pokemon came out, I hated the damn things since I mostly saw stupid ones. Then my friend showed me the guide book with the index in the back, and I saw what a badass a child-like dinosaur would have to be to wear his mom's skull.

I'm not sure what the fascination is with Gen V recycle-mon; the only cool one I saw was Sandile and his evolutions. Most of them just look like they got rejected from previous versions of the game, and GameFreak finally said "screw it, let em in".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.