Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

When do you start collecting? (Moved)

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

(I accidentally posted this in the General forum first.  I think I managed to delete it.)

I only dabbled in Diamond/Pearl but the reason I was because I become so OCD about catching every single Pokemon on every route I came across.  I even began resetting my DS's clock so I could get day of the week Pokemon, etc.  I got so tired of seeing the same stuff that I quit before I even got the 4th badge.   The game can also be VERY overwhelming coming into it on the 4th generation.  I can't get the Pokemon virus unless I trade a Pokemon from the 3G to my current game?!  Wha!  I can't get this berry or that one unless I play 1G or 2G?!

So now I've decided to give it another go and I'm now playing SoulSilver. Do you actually beat the game before you try to catch every Pokemon possible for that particular game?  You have more tools at your disposal and more mobility later in the game, correct?  In essence, should I just rush to the end of the game (while enjoying the story of course) before I try to catch EVERYTHING I come across?  When do you start collecting?  Also, do you ever feel somewhat depressed knowing your never going to ACTUALLY catch them all.  Event Pokemon, Shiny Pokemon, etc. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Zombieheadbutt:
    I always wait until the end to start collecting. You get the Fly HM which makes travel to wherever the Pokemon are a lot easier. Just open up a FAQ of locations at that point and start flying to where yo need to go. I have to admit I have never filled my pokedex in a pokemon game though. Takes forever and I eventually give up.

Also, no I don't even worry about shiny pokemon. It's the ones that you have to bring to the pal park and stuff that I know I can get but am too lazy.
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Ok, this is weird.  If I post in any other forum everything is fine.  If try to post in the Pokemon forum it gets rerouted to the General Forums.  Is this a know bug that effects certain forums at different times?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " Ok, this is weird.  If I post in any other forum everything is fine.  If try to post in the Pokemon forum it gets rerouted to the General Forums.  Is this a know bug that effects certain forums at different times? "
    There have been known issues with topics posting in the wrong forum. If you ask a mod, they can move it.
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

" @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " Ok, this is weird.  If I post in any other forum everything is fine.  If try to post in the Pokemon forum it gets rerouted to the General Forums.  Is this a know bug that effects certain forums at different times? "
    There have been known issues with topics posting in the wrong forum. If you ask a mod, they can move it. "

How do I do that exactly?  I kept getting the Lucadeer error for about 3 days straight trying to post this very topic in the Pokemon thread and when it did start working it redirects it here, LOL.  I sent a message to a staff member who replied to a similar problem 6 months ago and thats when the Lucadeer disappeared and the redirecting began.  I've looked through the help area, etc. looking for a method to contact a mod or staff with no luck.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    "
    " @Zombieheadbutt said:
    There have been known issues with topics posting in the wrong forum. If you ask a mod, they can move it. "
     How do I do that exactly?  I kept getting the Lucadeer error for about 3 days straight trying to post this very topic in the Pokemon thread and when it did start working it redirects it here, LOL.  I sent a message to a staff member who replied to a similar problem 6 months ago and thats when the Lucadeer disappeared and the redirecting began.  I've looked through the help area, etc. looking for a method to contact a mod or staff with no luck. "
    If you go to this link, it will take you to the forum FAQ which by the way is stickied to the top of the forums. You can find a link called PM Blast above the Mods names and that will allow you to contact them.
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Ok, this is finally in the correct forum.  When do you decide to officially begin collecting the Pokemon?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.