Which Pokemon game did you put the most time into?

• 79 results
#1 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

We've all played a Pokemon game.  And if you haven't, you're a soleless husk and should just give up on life.  But regardless of which one it was, there was a Pokemon game you put more time into than any other.  For me, it was pokemon Gold.  I put over 400 hours into that one.  I also played Blue, Yellow, and Saphire, but not nearly as much as Gold.

#2 Posted by Hdfisise (137 posts) -

Put the most time into yellow and crystal but the further along the upgrade path I go the less time I play - on pearl I finished the elite 4 once and never touched it since,

#3 Posted by Drebin_893 (2901 posts) -

Red

#4 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

Blue. Why did I catch them all?!

#5 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -

Red. 

All 151 real Pokemon. Nowadays, getting every pokemon is quite an achievement. 
#6 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -

Blu. I not only caught them all, I also battled the hell out of it with my firends.

#7 Posted by Stanford (139 posts) -

silver

#8 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I am a soleless husk, and I have given up on life. I have never played a Pokemon game.

#9 Posted by Lashe (1244 posts) -

God this takes me back..

But Pokemon Blue, definitely.

#10 Posted by MattyFTM (14341 posts) -

Either Red or Pearl. I sunk a tonne of hours into Red as a kid, but more recently I played the hell out of pearl.

It's probably pearl, I played tonnes of that game. A bunch of my mates all got it at roughly the same time to have battles against each other, and I got it about a week later, and played it virtually non stop for a couple of days to try and catch up with them all, before finding out that they were taking it reasonably slowly and I was miles ahead of them.

#11 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

Probably Yellow. Or Silver. Or Diamond.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

Probably Yellow... Or Gold/Silver...

#13 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Just because it was the first one in the series...I would have to say Blue. I played the shit out of that game!

#14 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Yellow Version, the superiorest superior version of them.

#15 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

Probably spent the most time with Sapphire, but my favourite versions were the gold/silver/crystal games.

#16 Posted by dankempster (2249 posts) -

This depends on whether you're talking in terms of a single playthrough, or in total. I played Diamond for over 150 hours, but I've only played through it once. Pokémon Blue, on the other hand, I never clocked up more than 70 hours, but I played through it countless times.

#17 Edited by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Blastoise. I was sitting in the kitchen, I think it was 4th grade, and he evolved after a gym battle. Seksy cannons.

Edit: When I actually posted this, I skimmed the title and misread it as "what Pokemon did you put the most time into." But hey, same game. The original one, probably was Blue. I think I had both Blue and Red.

#18 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Blue and Yellow probably. I spent a lot of time with Gold too but a remember spending a lot of time with the first generation games.

#19 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I had at least 400+ hours with Red. First game I had, and I played it for over 2 and a half years. Yikes.

#20 Posted by GobiasIndustries (356 posts) -

Blueomgawd

#21 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

Sapphire. I had nearly 200 hours into it and a full pokedex.

#22 Posted by Dimsey (948 posts) -

Had around 200 hours in blue, got all 151 pokeymans.
Bought Diamond when it came out hoping to get back into it but theres just too many pokemon these days and they're all too generic and crap for me to be really interested in catching them all.

#23 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -

Red/Blue was great because of the 99 items trick. :D

#24 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Yellow

#25 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Probably yellow, I liked how pikachu followed me around.

#26 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Either Yellow or Silver.

#27 Posted by bekern (563 posts) -

Red definatly. I didn't play my Silver as much because I hated the day/night system, and I grew out of pokemon by the time the others came along. I wish I could get as engrossed in games now as I used to back then. I played Red all hours of the day back then (and night untill I lost my worm light :P).

#28 Edited by Optiow (1745 posts) -

I put most of my effort into blue, I caught over 80+ pokemon on my last run and played it for a total of 16 hours.
But I have really grown out of pokemon now, although since you mention it I might try playing it again for old times sake.

#29 Edited by ez123 (1945 posts) -

The only one I really played was Silver for 100+ hours.  I thought it was over after you fought those guys...... you know...... the guys.  Then when I figured out you could go to Kanto, I was like holy shit!!!

#30 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -

Blue for sure....those were the days!

#31 Posted by Demokk (145 posts) -

Probably Yellow or Silver.

The Yellow version I played was in Japanese though :S

#32 Posted by elbow (368 posts) -

Crystal, the only one I've ever attempted to literally "catch 'em all!".

#33 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -
Pokemon sucks ass and wouldn't play that stupid kids game.
#34 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -
RichardLOlson said:
"Pokemon sucks ass and wouldn't play that stupid kids game."
Play the game before you judge next time. A childhood just isn't the same without Pokemon. 
#35 Posted by Neorub (163 posts) -

Yellow, until m brother started a new game (Doh!)

#36 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Sapphire. 

#37 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Umm... Hmm... Blue, I think.

#38 Posted by BreakfastKing (101 posts) -

Honestly, probably Diamond.  I had 100+ on Fire Red and before that it was Gold for me.  But man... EV/IV training on diamond takes some time.  I'm pretty sure my Ditto just sits around in a robe all day and makes babies.

#39 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -
RichardLOlson said:
No. Just, no. It is not a little kids game, pokemon is diffrent.
#40 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -

Poke'mon Blue. I was put more hours into that goddamn game than any of them. I thought I was fresh when I made it to Cinnabar Island and beefed up my Poke'mon with the unlimited items glitch.

#41 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -
Rivix said:
"RichardLOlson said:
Play the game before you judge next time. A childhood just isn't the same without Pokemon. "

Wow another fine example of retards who can't seem to grow up and have there heads up the god damn japs asses.  Thats just fucking pathetic.  "Oh my god its pokemon, little creatures that I could shove up my ass and then have them cast powers out my dickhole."  Yeah, get the sand out of your vaginas!  Pussies!
#42 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I only ever played blue EVER.

#43 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -
RichardLOlson said:
"Rivix said:
"RichardLOlson said:
Play the game before you judge next time. A childhood just isn't the same without Pokemon. "

Wow another fine example of retards who can't seem to grow up and have there heads up the god damn japs asses.  Thats just fucking pathetic.  "Oh my god its pokemon, little creatures that I could shove up my ass and then have them cast powers out my dickhole."  Yeah, get the sand out of your vaginas!  Pussies!"
Woah! You have issues. Not the people in this thread. 
#44 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
RichardLOlson said:
"Rivix said:
"RichardLOlson said:

Wow another fine example of retards who can't seem to grow up and have there heads up the god damn japs asses.  Thats just fucking pathetic.  "Oh my god its pokemon, little creatures that I could shove up my ass and then have them cast powers out my dickhole."  Yeah, get the sand out of your vaginas!  Pussies!"
come on man dont flame so much or ya will get in trouble *pure flamming with no point is looked down upon on this forum* but it was funny just the way you said it was funny.
#45 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I hate it when people say that. "I'm not gonna play this, IT'S A KID'S GAME"

I mean, do you think other like-minded deliquents are gonna think less of you because you play Pokemon? If they do then why do you care? I mean, how old are you? 12? Your spelling and constant "I'M MAKING THESE JOKES BECAUSE I'M OLD ENOUGH AND SWEARING IS FUNNY" gives you pre-teen at best.
#46 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -
systech said:
"Yellow Version, the superiorest superior version of them."
Yes, Yellow here too. ^^^
#47 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

pokemon red because thats when i was really into pokemon and i was at school and first got a gameboy and any chance i got i would be playing that.

#48 Posted by mracoon (4953 posts) -

Yellow, I played for a loooong time. I've never completed any other Pokemon game.

#49 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Gold.

#50 Posted by BreakfastKing (101 posts) -

Why would someone that thinks its a kids game bother hanging around its forum?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.