Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Poker Night at the Inventory

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 22, 2010

A poker game from Telltale featuring many key characters from their studio along with other guest stars.

Tycho is the weirdest character here

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By takua108

Is anyone else put off by the fact that the promotional art for the game that has Tycho in it isn't drawn by Mike Krahulik? And that he's going to be voiced, even though the Penny Arcade guys said that they intentionally had no speaking parts for their doppelgangers in the Penny Arcade Adventures series? 

ALSO: Note that Tycho is yet to be seen in any of those "in-game" "screenshots," whereas HWG, Max, and Strong Bad all are. It's interesting and kind of awesome to see all of the different visual styles from each series in the same room, but... how are they going to draw Tycho?

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rockanomics

So I just watched the most recent trailer, and Tycho has a voice (and it isn't Jerry Holkins). 

It's really really unnerving, to me at least. Partly from when they did the podcast and I kinda put the characters on their voices. 

Also WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THIS GAME!? The few bits of a gameplay that were in this trailer seem like a ... fucking poker game. Which would be nothing of note really except that they are doing all this cross-IP stuff, using the voice actors and integrating TF2 unlocks into it, for a POKER GAME? What is happening?!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

Where is said trailer?

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rockanomics
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r

What the hell.

That voice is way too deep and smooth for the kind of character Tycho is.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

It seems like a blatantly exploitative cash-in title, and I agree Tycho sounds really fucked up, especially with as much as I've heard the real Penny Arcade dudes' voices.

This feels like the sort of game that they should be donating 95% of the proceeds to charity.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Bones8677

I've never heard the Penny Arcade guys speak, at least not of any note. But that voice does not fit that character. It's too old. Tycho looks like someone in his early to mid 20s.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.