Do these guys have to be such an ass

#1 Posted by maimran91 (352 posts) -

I mean if you watch movies or documentary they like yelling at random people. I mean people are trying to help them but they say it is their job to protect and serve.

#2 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Fuck tha police, cops are pigs, etc.  

Flagged.

#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

I hate it when they lay out spike strips when I am driving. VCPD is so annoying! >:(

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

What? 

Without cops the world would be screwed. Anyone who denies that is an idiot.

#5 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

There are two sides. One side has been unjustly harassed by lowlifes hiding behind badges at some point in their life. The other hasn't.

#6 Posted by SpaceDandie (257 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" I hate it when they lay out spike strips when I am driving. VCPD is so annoying! >:( "
You sir are awesome.
#7 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@natetodamax:  I don't think he's arguing that there should be no cops.
#8 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@Ace829 said:
" @natetodamax:  I don't think he's arguing that there should be no cops. "
No, but every police thread has people saying they are terrible.
#9 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

what

#10 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -
#11 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @Ace829 said:
No, but every police thread has people saying they are terrible. "
No, every police thread has people saying the abusive ones are terrible.
#12 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Ace829 said:
No, every police thread has people saying the abusive ones are terrible. "
Maybe.
#13 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

*Looks at calender* Oh it's retarded thread day. That explains it.

#14 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @Ace829 said:
Meh. There are alot of flaws with the way police are run. I don't think you can dismiss it as "We need them so suck it up." There are shitty cops. There are also good honest cops who are overlooked because the bad ones take the limelight and are generally more outspoken.
#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" What?  Without cops the world would be screwed. Anyone who denies that is an idiot. "
Whatever man, I was just hanging out around the back of the shops, firing my gun randomly at the primary school windows during class hours and this cop comes up and tells me I'm being dangerous or some shit like he knows about guns.
#16 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

In my experience most cops who most people consider "dirty" or "assholes who are abusive" are simply doing their jobs and some retard doesn't know when to shut the hell up and just accept the fact he/she was wrong.

Cops: "We are arresting you for drug possession" 
Guy: "Fuck you! I'm gonna stand here and resist!" 
"Cop gets noticeably angry"
Spectators: "Holy shit, what an asshole cop."

Most of the time the "asshole" cops you are all talking about are not assholes at all and are just doing their jobs. Simple as that.

Yes there are dirty cops. But not nearly as many as you all think.

And example of what I'm saying is. That cop that punched that girl. People calling him a dirty cop who is abusing his power. Um, No he wasn't. The girl was resisting arrest then another girl comes up and tries to break up the cop and the girl...when he is trying to arrest her..that is not a dirty cop like a lot of people think. That is a cop doing his job and people disrespecting them and thinking they are immune to the law.

Flagged by the way.

#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4811 posts) -

They don't 'like' yelling at random people. When they're trying to "PROTECT AND SERVE' all day long and most of the people who they're protecting and serving treat them like shit, it's only natural they get angry. They're doing their job and that's all that matters to me. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.