Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Polygonal 3D

Concept »

Who needs 2D when we've got 3D? 3D, or 3 dimensions, is what we're used to seeing in almost every game these days, letting us do all sorts of awesome stuff like run in circles!

Joining the Dark Side.

blackhawk24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By blackhawk24601

So. . . if y'all know me, you know I hate 3D. 3D was first introduced into movie theaters in the early 1900's where it was still a niche market until the 1950's where stereoscopic 3D movies boomed. More then 30 3D movies were produced from 1951 to 1959 and that trend continued till the late 80's where the trend quieted down in the 90's. Well, as you know, 3D is back and in a big way. Now it seems you can't spit without seeing an ad for a new movie, TV, or video game being produced in "Real 3D".

All that being said, I am super excited for the Nintendo 3DS. The biggest complaint I have about 3D in the home theater and video gaming market is that it requires you to wear glasses at home. . . that's fuckin' annoying. I understand wearing glasses at the theater or when I wanna watch Captain EO at Disneyland, but a man's house is his fuckin' castle and ain't no body gonna tell me I have to wear glasses to enjoy my entertainment (btw, this male bravado isn't really indicative of my actual personality). This is why I love the prospect of what the new 3DS is offering. Sure, I'm not gonna feel "totally immersed" in a game when its on a screen smaller than what I can make with my fingers, but the fact that Nintendo is making 3D as unobtrusive and seamless as possible is a big step forward in the right direction. I cannot wait for the day someone develops a 3D TV or a way to show 3D movies in a theater without requiring is to wear glasses. . . or just straight up makes holographic films and TVs. . . that'd be dope.

blackhawk24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By blackhawk24601

So. . . if y'all know me, you know I hate 3D. 3D was first introduced into movie theaters in the early 1900's where it was still a niche market until the 1950's where stereoscopic 3D movies boomed. More then 30 3D movies were produced from 1951 to 1959 and that trend continued till the late 80's where the trend quieted down in the 90's. Well, as you know, 3D is back and in a big way. Now it seems you can't spit without seeing an ad for a new movie, TV, or video game being produced in "Real 3D".

All that being said, I am super excited for the Nintendo 3DS. The biggest complaint I have about 3D in the home theater and video gaming market is that it requires you to wear glasses at home. . . that's fuckin' annoying. I understand wearing glasses at the theater or when I wanna watch Captain EO at Disneyland, but a man's house is his fuckin' castle and ain't no body gonna tell me I have to wear glasses to enjoy my entertainment (btw, this male bravado isn't really indicative of my actual personality). This is why I love the prospect of what the new 3DS is offering. Sure, I'm not gonna feel "totally immersed" in a game when its on a screen smaller than what I can make with my fingers, but the fact that Nintendo is making 3D as unobtrusive and seamless as possible is a big step forward in the right direction. I cannot wait for the day someone develops a 3D TV or a way to show 3D movies in a theater without requiring is to wear glasses. . . or just straight up makes holographic films and TVs. . . that'd be dope.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

I always said 3D won't work at home until they get rid of the 3D glasses.

But I didn't expect Nintendo to be the one doing it.

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By apertura

Violating ellipses is a federal offense, sir. I'm taking you downtown.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Slab64

Put him in an orange jumpsuit and haul him off to Rikers.

apertura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By apertura
    @Slab64: Do you want to lose your badge? We're going to do this by the books this time. Trial first.
    blackhawk24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blackhawk24601

I'd be okay with Ice-T taking me to jail. Not gonna lie. . . kinda like how'd I'd be totally down with getting my ass kicked by Jet Li.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @blackhawk24601: you go to hell.  you go to hell and you daaa 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.