Bejeweled 3 Headed to Every Thinkable Platform Like Gaming's Time Eating Unicron

• 63 results
Posted by patrickklepek (5992 posts) -

As if everyone didn't need yet another time sink, PopCap Games has announced plans to bring Bejeweled 3 to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and DS. On the consoles, that means both retail and digital versions of the match-3 puzzler, reaching both Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

All versions of the game are scheduled for the fourth quarter of the year, otherwise known as the holiday season. It's unlikely all will actually drop on the same day or week, but having every version available in a reasonable timeframe is a solid solution to buying the game ten times.

You know, like I did with Peggle.

And while I'm not one to haphazardly quote press release factoids, the math wizards at PopCap claim more than eight billion hours have been spent playing Bejeweled. Plus, a new Bejeweled is reportedly sold every 4.3 seconds. A little piece of my soul dies every 4.3 seconds, too.

Bejeweled 3 is currently available on both PC and Mac, in case you don't want to wait around.

It's happening all over again. The colors. The puzzles. THE MADNESS.
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (5992 posts) -

As if everyone didn't need yet another time sink, PopCap Games has announced plans to bring Bejeweled 3 to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and DS. On the consoles, that means both retail and digital versions of the match-3 puzzler, reaching both Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

All versions of the game are scheduled for the fourth quarter of the year, otherwise known as the holiday season. It's unlikely all will actually drop on the same day or week, but having every version available in a reasonable timeframe is a solid solution to buying the game ten times.

You know, like I did with Peggle.

And while I'm not one to haphazardly quote press release factoids, the math wizards at PopCap claim more than eight billion hours have been spent playing Bejeweled. Plus, a new Bejeweled is reportedly sold every 4.3 seconds. A little piece of my soul dies every 4.3 seconds, too.

Bejeweled 3 is currently available on both PC and Mac, in case you don't want to wait around.

It's happening all over again. The colors. The puzzles. THE MADNESS.
#2 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

cool

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -
I want an iPad version.
#4 Posted by patrickklepek (5992 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

I want an iPad version.

DON'T TEMPT THEM.

#5 Posted by Wallace316 (15 posts) -

Unicron is my favorite Incubus album.

#6 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

why would anyone play this.

#7 Posted by Jonathan (658 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
I want an iPad version.
Yes please.
#8 Posted by V_Ben (108 posts) -

Good to see PopCap finally releasing their games simultaneously across PSN and XBLA. Used to be SOE publishing their PSN versions... looks like they may be self publishing now.

#9 Posted by walter_sobchak (139 posts) -

"As if everyone didn't need yet another time sink"... meaning we all do? I think you mean "As if everyone needed yet another time sink," right?

#10 Posted by onan (1286 posts) -

Peggle's free on my Android phone today. I'll wait for something like that to happen. (and until then, I already own Bejeweled 2.)

#11 Edited by Animasta (14718 posts) -

bejeweled isn't that bad patrick

#12 Posted by astonish (211 posts) -

Man, what platform to choose, maybe I should hold out for the in-game The Old Republic MOD

version. Or perhaps for my Android powered toaster

#13 Posted by Legend (2660 posts) -

Still waiting for the iPhone version.

#14 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I was literally MOMENTS away from picking up Bejeweled 2/Blitz on the 360 due to the Deal Of The Week when this article got posted, due to my poor impulse control.

Thanks for distracting me enough to stay my hand (Seriously, my backlog is killing me)

#15 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1718 posts) -

There are plenty of games I don't like that sell well. It doesn't bother me, because I'm not a crazy person.

#16 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

This time you get to match three gems

#17 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I read this as Battlefield 3 and thought Steam release and my heart was filled with joy briefly.

God damn.

#18 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

What took them so long?

#19 Posted by chilibean_3 (1677 posts) -

Please to be putting out for IPAD?

#20 Posted by ColonelT (102 posts) -

How could the iOS version not be the priority?

#21 Posted by rmanthorp (4043 posts) -

@Ygg said:

I read this as Battlefield 3 and thought Steam release and my heart was filled with joy briefly. God damn.

Haha I'm still holding out hope that is the case why would they shot themselves in the foot like that.

#22 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I'll hold out for the 3DS version so I can see the wild shapes in 3D, AHHH!

#23 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Peggle is a game I happily bought twice. I wouldn't touch a Bejeweled game once :)

#24 Posted by Elliotpage (18 posts) -

iPad version would be pretty sweet. Does Jeff Green read these comments?

#25 Posted by damswedon (3200 posts) -

Call me when an iOS version is made.

#26 Posted by orshick (171 posts) -

The game is great actually, very smart changes and improvements for people who put a lot of time into previous bejeweled games. Without games like this, I don't think I would ever listen to podcasts. Either activity on its own seems a bit under-productive, but combined, it seems okay. Just turn off the sound and put your podcast or music of choice on and boom! BOOM!

#27 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -
@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun? 
#28 Posted by gike987 (1769 posts) -

Bejeweled 3 is great game to play while waiting for other games to install. Although I would never want to play this on consoles. Make an iPad/iPhone version and I will buy it the moment it's released.

#29 Posted by MisterMouse (3563 posts) -

so much bejeweled!

#30 Posted by Diachron (91 posts) -

Call me crazy, but I'd prefer a full disc version for 360 so it'd qualify for a full 1,000 achievement points.

#31 Posted by DrRandle (1206 posts) -

Peggle is free on the Amazon Android Marketplace today. x.x....

#32 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun?

Its fun for about 2 minutes.

#33 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -
@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun?

And you honestly believe that this is an objective statement that covers all of humanity? 
#34 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1239 posts) -

Popcap is making so much money it's scary

#35 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
@ShaggE said:
@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun?

And you honestly believe that this is an objective statement that covers all of humanity? 
Personally, I play 2-3 rounds of Bejeweled 3 (Lightning mode) every other day or so. I love that game.
#36 Edited by Jensonb (1764 posts) -

DS? Hey PopCap, why no love for the 3DS?

Actually wait, no! I SHOULDn"T PUT IDEAS IN THEIR HE...Too late.

#37 Posted by CaptainFish (454 posts) -

@patrickklepek:

Is there really no iOS version planned with this release pack? I got my mom 3 last Christmas, and she's been waiting for it to come to the app store.

#38 Posted by MSUSteve (72 posts) -

Who gives a shit about XBLA and PSN versions? They need to get an iOS version out. I'd pay $10 for Bejeweled 3 on my iPad.

#39 Posted by Siphillis (1297 posts) -

They really should focus on the smartphone market instead.  iPhone and WP7 deserve a proper Bejeweled entry. 

And yeah, I didn't include Android.

#40 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

i got every single award possible in Bejeweled 3...
TIME TO DO IT AGAIN

#41 Posted by Treythalomew (97 posts) -

I don't love Bejeweled but the lack of iPad/iPhone version is crazy. I thought after Peggle and Plants vs Zombies they'd be more open to getting iOS versions done quicker.

#42 Posted by aidros (242 posts) -

Go Popcap go!

#43 Posted by Xtrminatr (263 posts) -

christ, it's taking them roughly a year to port it?

#44 Posted by ArsenalFan (75 posts) -

Will Bejeweled 3 be voiced by Orson Welles like Unicron was?

#45 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun?

I never said that at all. Obviously anything I say is my opinion, and applies to me personally. Now if I said "this game is fun for about 2 minutes for everyone", then you statement would be correct.

#46 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

I think it's like $8 on Windows Phone 7, which is about $6 more than I want to pay for most telephone-based video games.

#47 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I just want to say that Patrick just set the standard for amazing article titles. Bravo.

#48 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -
@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun?

I never said that at all. Obviously anything I say is my opinion, and applies to me personally. Now if I said "this game is fun for about 2 minutes for everyone", then you statement would be correct.

You asked why anybody would play this. When I said "to have fun", insinuating that there are people that enjoy it, you responded by saying "It's fun for about two minutes". Now, what possible reason would you have to respond with that? Your original question made it more than clear that you don't like Bejeweled, so you're either being pointlessly redundant, or trying to refute the idea that others might like the game. 
#49 Posted by MEATBALL (3390 posts) -

I hope this means we get more Jeff Green.

#50 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@wickedsc3 said:

Maybe... to have fun?

You asked why anybody would play this. When I said "to have fun", insinuating that there are people that enjoy it, you responded by saying "It's fun for about two minutes". Now, what possible reason would you have to respond with that? Your original question made it more than clear that you don't like Bejeweled, so you're either being pointlessly redundant, or trying to refute the idea that others might like the game.

Fucking buuuuurrrnned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.