EA teases not 'Grass Effect' probably PvZ 2..

#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

'Plants Vs. Zombies' X 'Mass Effect' = 'Grass Effect'

Polygon: EA teases Grass Effect mashup for E3

It seems that Popcap is actually developing this one, rather than Bioware.

https://twitter.com/EA/status/340497911550996480

I remember like a year ago reading that EA wanted to do a Plants Vs. Zombies F2P shooter, ala Team Fortress 2. But I sure didn't expect this one!. Hrm. I like that melee' thing, the red-head boxer-cactus. The Venus-Flytrap would do acid-spit?. I could even imagine Left 4 Dead gameplay, where the flytrap is the heavy that 'vomits' acid over the enemies. Probably too gross. [Actually, I imagine this probably way tamer, and simpler now that I think of it.. Popcap.] Then there's the happy sunflower, the medic I would think. And the Pea-Shooter on the right.

I wonder though if they would be fighting Reapers, and would they use Mass Effect 3 multiplayer levels. They were pretty fun!. And how many cameos would the Zombies, disco, and Crazy Dave make?. I approve. :D

Update 1: Yea, now I'm thinking this is just turning out to be 'Plants Vs. Zombie 2.' IGN also reported on this, and EA put this other image on their Facebook.

IGN: Plants vs Zombies Teases Mass Effect, Dead Space Crossovers

Until we find out more, IGN has provided the following list of better Plants vs. Zombie/EA crossover puns:

• Mirror’s Hedge
  • Need for Seed
  • Petal of Honor
  • Army of Tulips
  • BattleFIELD
  • Compost & Conquer
  • Crysisanthemum
  • Dragon's Sage
  • Tiger Wood
  • Spore

Oh well..

#2 Posted by White_Silhouette (472 posts) -

Since Popcap has already announced they are working on the next PvZ game I wouldn't be surprised if this is all part of the marketing push. But at the same time I don't expect it to have anything to do with the Mass Effect universe other than maybe some easter eggs.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9876 posts) -

Time to fuck a plant lady.

#4 Edited by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

-_-

#5 Posted by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

@brodehouse said:

Time to fuck a plant lady.

Dat sunflower.

#6 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Smoke some of dat green.

#7 Edited by GaspoweR (2960 posts) -

Well I thought it was just mash-up fan art when I saw that. Didn't think it was really going to be a game. Hmm...

#8 Posted by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

Actually I'm surprised PopCap hasn't done this sooner: Re-skin Plants vs Zombies into other themed games where Mass Effect works just as well as anything.

#9 Edited by Marcsman (3180 posts) -

I like it..............

#10 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

A shooter under the PvZ IP just sounds like a terrible idea.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11846 posts) -

I am Crazy Dave, and this is my favourite game on the lawn.

#12 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
#13 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

I found that they put a Dead Space knockoff of probably-Crazy-Dave, on their Facebook. Its probably Plants Vs. Zombies 2.. Mlah..

#14 Edited by Reisz (1483 posts) -

I think that dead space pun is just one of the zombies from PVZ, this makes more sense than a weird cross over game, smart edit.

#15 Edited by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Grass Effect? I see what you did there EA, I see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.