WTF Popcap?

#1 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

There's this Popcap game called Noah's Ark. In it, you make matches of 2 of the same animals to get points.

After 10 million points, it gives you the rank of Noah and says "Next rank at 999 999 999" points.

Getting to that point is no simple task, because for every match you get a score of your current level * 10
So if you play this game for a hundred levels, you get 1000 points per match, which still requires a truckload of matches to get to 999 999 999

What's you rank at 999 999 999 points though? Does the game give you a "Congratulations, you're insane" message? I must know!

As you can see, I've not reached 999 999 999 points, and the game broke. It gave me the rank of "Action mode too fast? Try strategy" and says that the next rank is at 4 million points, which is a number I've passed a long, long time ago.

WHO DO I SUE?
#2 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Noah of course!

#3 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

You, uh, you need to take a wee little break from Mr. Noah and get some fresh air, my friend.

#4 Posted by DragonBloodthirsty (470 posts) -
@Ventilaator said:
" There's this Popcap game called Noah's Ark. In it, you make matches of 2 of the same animals to get points.

After 10 million points, it gives you the rank of Noah and says "Next rank at 999 999 999" points.

Getting to that point is no simple task, because for every match you get a score of your current level * 10
So if you play this game for a hundred levels, you get 1000 points per match, which still requires a truckload of matches to get to 999 999 999

What's you rank at 999 999 999 points though? Does the game give you a "Congratulations, you're insane" message? I must know!

As you can see, I've not reached 999 999 999 points, and the game broke. It gave me the rank of "Action mode too fast? Try strategy" and says that the next rank is at 4 million points, which is a number I've passed a long, long time ago.  WHO DO I SUE? "

I think that if you contact Popcap's Customer Service, they can help you.

I found this link when I was looking for how to submit an error report:  [url]http://www.popcap.com/helpform_contactus.php[/url]

All I can say is "Call them up and hope for the best."

#5 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@emkeighcameron said:
" You, uh, you need to take a wee little break from Mr. Noah and get some fresh air, my friend. "
I wrote the first post to make it look like it's from a completely insane lunatic on purpose. This score was reached after a very long time, by casually playing a few levels when bored or waiting for some other thing to finish.
#6 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

No god ranking? lame.  

Any mention of Noah's Ark reminds me of this, my favorite Robot Chicken clip: 

#7 Posted by RinseWashRepeat (36 posts) -

Don't  be mad. Think of it as a kill screen like in the old arcade games.

You broke the game, ergo, you won! Congrats!

#8 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -
@Malakhii: 
every clip on robot chicken is a favorite!
#9 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@RinseWashRepeat said:
" Don't  be mad. Think of it as a kill screen like in the old arcade games.  You broke the game, ergo, you won! Congrats! "
But it told me there's a next rank. Old arcade games never told you where your limit is, they just broke at a point.
#10 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

I don't know about you guys but I've got no ahdea what the next rank would be...

#11 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -

I think at 999,999,999, Popcap is officially allowed to appoint you the new Jesus.

#12 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" I think at 999,999,999, Popcap is officially allowed to appoint you the new Jesus. "
I actually grinded out the last few million to see what happens when it actually reaches 999 999 999.
It started counting the billions.

The rank screen remained as see on the screenshot though.
#13 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -
@Ventilaator: Ah geez. My only recommendation is: DON'T GO FOR THAT SCORE
#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Go for it, bro. Embrace your Gaming Vision.

#15 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

It's way too late to stop now!

#16 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @Ventilaator: Ah geez. My only recommendation is: DON'T GO FOR THAT SCORE "
No worries, the first number in the score won't fit into the screen and all I'm seeing now is " .000.012.518"

So even if I'd make 4 billion or so, I'd have nothing to prove that with, because you can't see the first number.
#17 Edited by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

RESPONSE FROM POPCAP:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PopCap Games Customer Support.

First off, Wow. That is actually awesome to see someone play the game this much.  
Unfortunately we do not have any information for you as this is a very old game and our  
knowledge is extremely limited. The only thing that I can think is that you have sufficiently
gotten farther in the game then we have ever heard of and that it is likely that the rank of  
Noah is the highest in the game (since his name is in the title and all). I apologize that i  
have nothing to suggest - I wish I had more information for you. Thanks for loving our game so much.
#18 Posted by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -
@Ventilaator said:
" RESPONSE FROM POPCAP:

Hello,

First off, Wow. That is actually awesome to see someone play the game this much.  
Unfortunately we do not have any information for you as this is a very old game and our  
knowledge is extremely limited. The only thing that I can think is that you have sufficiently
gotten farther in the game then we have ever heard of and that it is likely that the rank of  
Noah is the highest in the game (since his name is in the title and all). I apologize that i  
have nothing to suggest - I wish I had more information for you. Thanks for loving our game so much.
"
Fuck man, you are too awesome for the game's devs.
#19 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" @Ventilaator said:
" RESPONSE FROM POPCAP:

Hello,

"
Fuck man, you are too awesome for the game's devs. "
Would love to see the look on the face of whoever read that when they read that :(
#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ventilaator said:
" RESPONSE FROM POPCAP:

Hello,

"
Its their way of saying " You have played to much of the game and you sort of scare us" 
#21 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: Wouldn't be surprised to see my e-mail on a black list or something from now on =D
#22 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Ventilaator: You find God.
#23 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

You should sue Carl Rove...just because

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.