About turrets

#1 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -

Anyone wondered why turrets have a muzzle flash? Because they fire the whole bullet you know. Source:  

#2 Posted by Swoxx (3002 posts) -

If the bullets are fired whole, therefore not combusting any gunpowder, wouldn't that mean that they shouldn't have any muzzle flash?

#3 Posted by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -

Cave Johnson's such a fuckin' boss.

#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6074 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" Cave Johnson's such a fuckin' boss. "
That he is.
#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" Cave Johnson's such a fuckin' boss. "
Just try to get close to that baby....your funeral. 
#6 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -
@swoxx: yeah. thats what i am saying
#7 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

65% more bullet - per bullet!

#8 Posted by tzmhero (9 posts) -

I could see good ol' Cave not knowing that they do not in fact 'fire the entire bullet'. It sounded like the guy was fed some lines by the 'lab boys' and he went along with it, but didn't know all of the science behind it all. That and the pre recorded message could have been for an earlier model of the turret that may in fact have 'fired the whole bullet' but after further testing, the newer turret once again fires like a normal turret might. The way I see it, all of the videos with him voicing them were of new products but with old voice overs from the 70's.

Just my thoughts.
#9 Posted by Swoxx (3002 posts) -
@Wuddel said:
" @swoxx: yeah. thats what i am saying "
Oh, i see, i misread your OP, you monster.
#10 Posted by D_W (1164 posts) -

They add an extra shell casing and powder to fire a full bullet. hehe.

#11 Posted by Getz (3028 posts) -

Well, maybe they thought since the bullets aren't exploding they'd add in some flashing lights or something to simulate muzzle flash. You know, for the kiddies. That seems like an Aperture thing to do.

#12 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

About turrets, did any of you guys realize that the blood disappeared when you get shot?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.