Another poorly recognized Nolan North appearance

#1 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -

Did anyone notice he was in this game AND not using the voice people think is the only one he can do?  Credits list him as Corrupted Cores and Faulty Turrets.

#2 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

... you just blew my mind...

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10340 posts) -

Nolan North is the Skynet of videogames. At first you think he's cool, but he's slowly taking over everything and appearing everywhere...

#4 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Nolan North is the Skynet of videogames. At first you think he's cool, but he's slowly taking over everything and appearing everywhere... "
A future I welcome.
#5 Posted by Skunkboy72 (127 posts) -

Nolan North is a God.
I want to be him when I grow up.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10340 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Nolan North is the Skynet of videogames. At first you think he's cool, but he's slowly taking over everything and appearing everywhere... "
A future I welcome. "
Of course you would, with your Star Trek style alternate universe evil Nolan North goatee there. 
#7 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

I don't recall anyone accusing Nolan North of only being able to do one voice.

#8 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I saw that in the credits and I busted up laughing! This man does some WORK!

#9 Posted by Evilsbane (4516 posts) -

I wonder why I found the Faulty Turrets so great.

#10 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -

Faulty Turrets? god I need this game, love that reference
#11 Posted by Blackout62 (1324 posts) -

Wait he was the voice of the faulty turrets? Well guess that's another beer I need to buy Mr. North. One for every role where he breaks from Drake voice.

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Well another reason to play through it again! Speed run against Nolan North go!

#13 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

Wow, i totally didnt know that and ive clocked it. *slow clap for Mr North* oh good that still works.

#14 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Faulty Turrets. Ha.

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Kyle said:
" I don't recall anyone accusing Nolan North of only being able to do one voice. "
I see it all the time.
#16 Posted by Warihay (480 posts) -

It blew my mind as well when I saw it on the credits.

#17 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Totally hadn't noticed while I was playing, though the thought of him voicing the corrupted cores is even more exciting than the thought of him voicing the faulty turrets.

#18 Edited by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Truely the best use of nolan north..... ever

#19 Posted by mastrbiggy (229 posts) -

lol good find

#20 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
To be fair, the dude has range.

He's a well-known commodity and can give the devs what they need. More power to him.
#21 Posted by biospank (647 posts) -
#22 Posted by Hunkulese (2624 posts) -

I'm starting to wonder if he just goes around begging for work.

#23 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

SSSPAACCCCEEEEEE!!!1!!1!11

He killed it as the cores, all of them were great. I'll be sorely disappointed if they don't win this year's Northie.

#24 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Someone here on GB said Nolan North was in the game and then this is what followed:

I played through the game again to see the credits.
Saw who he played, then played through the game again to hear him again.      again.

Okay, those weren't the real reasons why I played through the game three times, but still...
#25 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5042 posts) -
@Kyle said:
" I don't recall anyone accusing Nolan North of only being able to do one voice. "
#26 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

Yeah, I did a double take when I saw him in the credits. An added bonus to that ending.

#27 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

GOD DAMN IT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MARKED SPOILERS! 

WAY TO RUIN THE GAME!
#28 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Poorly recognised appearance? You say that like it's easy to tell it's him. It's not, there's a lot of processing on his voice work.

I doubt anybody would have recognised him without reading the credits.

#29 Posted by BeachThunder (11634 posts) -
#30 Posted by John1912 (1811 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
A future I welcome. "
If its full of science and testing, it is indeed welcome!  For SCIENCE!
#31 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Space.  In Space.

#32 Edited by bybeach (4701 posts) -
@Ygg said:

"Poorly recognised appearance? You say that like it's easy to tell it's him. It's not, there's a lot of processing on his voice work.I doubt anybody have recognised him without reading the credits. "

I havn't heard the corrupted cores I believe, unless something isn't clicking. But for the Faulty turrents, this applies. there is a level of quality to be appreciated in the delivery, regardless
#33 Posted by Chango (501 posts) -

I think the performances he gave in this game, are probably my favorite of his to date. Really, great stuff. 

#34 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

I really want to see the Bombcast's reaction to this. I hope someone emails in.

#35 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Were this not released the same year as UC3, it would be a strong contender for the Northies.

#36 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

Being a nolan north beginner fan I really don't know much about the guy. I know he's talked to himself and has a variety of voices but I know little more.

#37 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Fucking Nolan North!

#38 Posted by MustachedPagoda (47 posts) -

1) Space space space space space

2) Looks like someone might be up for a 2011 Northie this year...
#39 Posted by RustySpoon (143 posts) -

Holy shit, they recorded 5 minutes worth of lines for a character you interact with for maybe 30 seconds? I fucking LOVE this game!

#40 Posted by eskimo (473 posts) -

I'm in space!

#41 Posted by lavaman77 (566 posts) -

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This guy is a fucking cyborg.

#42 Posted by Nephrahim (1116 posts) -
@Zero_ said:
" Fucking Nolan North!

"
The unused diolauge in this game is really amazing.  I mean, they just recorded so much gold, it's a shame they didn't fit it in.  Obviously the last few lines of his happen during the credits, though I don't remember hearing them.
#43 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -
@Zero_: That is AMAZING!!
#44 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I will leave this fucking site if the space core doesn't win this year's Northie.
#45 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

They should stop putting Nolan North in the credits, and just make it generally understood that Nolan North is probably in every game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.