Anyone else playing co-op alone?

#1 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -

I managed to make it to Course 5 Mobility Gel test 2.
There were only 2 or 3 times I had to lay the controllers side by side, or one on top of the other to move both robots at once.
One time I had to hit a trigger with my mouth, but so far I'm surprised at how easy it is to do this once you figure out the puzzle.

#2 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

You do know there are dudes willing to play with you on the internetz 

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

How does one... go about co-oping alone ? 

I read your post but still.. duder. woah!

#4 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

You are crazy 
Also, I did that once for an achievement 

#5 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -

I'm sorry.

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

I beat it with a dance mat.

#7 Edited by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

By playing it alone you're missing out on a wonderful experience made up of frustration, grief and ultimate satisfaction with another duder.

#8 Posted by EVO (3778 posts) -

This is like that guy who beats games on a dance pad, only more sad. 

#9 Posted by Zippedbinders (980 posts) -

I played it with my girlfriend's 3 year old brother, that's all the handicap I'm ever going to deal with.

#10 Edited by Mike76x (555 posts) -

I tried online co-op once, and I made this kid (who was at least 20 years younger than me) flip out and eventually quit.
I'm pretty slow to figure out the puzzles, so I'd probably just make more people angry.
I'll need to at some point for the achievements, especially the time one but I'm waiting until it's absolutely necessary.

#11 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

only enough to get a couple easy cheevs. 

#12 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -
@Anwar: Did you know you can do the "2 aerial gestures before touching the ground in co-op" while floating in an excursion funnel
#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
I'm sorry.
haha i love this reply xD 

Battlefield high five!
#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

:(

#15 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Mike76x:  As much as I loved Portal 2, I actually really didn't like the co-op.  My friend and I have very different styles of playing Portal, I found, and it wasn't too enjoyable overall.  Also, any time someone solves the puzzle before you it makes you feel dumb and bitter.  So I say to you, good show!

@Ahmad_Metallic:  Be honest, you just wanted to use that picture.
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@EvilTwin:  Don't be ridiculous! it's not like i like Battlefield 3 or something.. 
#17 Posted by DuskVamp (679 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:
By playing it alone you're missing out on a wonderful experience made up of frustration, grief and ultimate satisfaction with another duder.

I also wouldn't want to play it with someone that's already completed it.
#18 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -

I finally beat co-op by myself, it is possible.
5-9 had a part where I thought I was going to need another person, but I was able to setup my other player to minimize dual controlling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.