Cake

#1 Posted by comrademcpherson (44 posts) -

On a scale of 1-10, how sick are all of you of Portal memes? Still Alive, cake is a lie, etc. I'm at about 11.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Well, I've not seen anyone mention a Portal meme in these forums for a while before this thread, so this thread you created is stupid as hell.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

20/10 

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Not as sick as i am of Spinal Tap references  

:P

#5 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

I don't really see them come up that often. So not really.

#6 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

I love cake

#7 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2163 posts) -

Why would anyone ever be tired of anything Portal?

#8 Posted by dantheman1515 (297 posts) -

I just played and beat Portal a month ago, so I'm not really tired of it at all. It was a great game, but it was a bit too easy and short. Will buy Portal 2 first day.

#9 Posted by Zyte (178 posts) -

I don't see Portal memes very often, so I'd say 4/10. 

Can't wait for Portal 2. =)

#10 Posted by comrademcpherson (44 posts) -

For me, it's not the game itself. It's the fact that the meme-prone jokes in the game became such widespread memes, that I could hear someone say LOL CAKE IS A LIE and then after asking them about Portal, not having any idea what Portal is. The game itself is great. What followed after, not so much.

#11 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

It was great in the game and was blown completely out of proportion to the point where I'm glad they are past it.

#12 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

It's part of the reason why I have no real interest in future Valve products. TF2 has a hideous fanbase and so does Portal, though at least I don't have to communicate with them when I play it.

#13 Posted by Gamer_152 (14092 posts) -

Four? I'd say about that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.