Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Episode 3?

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Bombs_Away

Anyone else think that Valve might spring a surprise on us and bundle HL2: E3 with Portal 2 in something similar to The Orange Box?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

Everybody's expecting a bundle. I think the surprise will be that Portal 2 and HL3 will be the same game, or rather interweave seamlessly. You won't even know you started playing the other game until a title card pops up out of nowhere... or the title card for one will be the intro and the title card for the other will be the outro.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Venatio

I just hope that they just admit it to people and say Fuck it, Half Life 3 is coming out next year or more likely 2012

They gotta admit that they really didn't understand the concept of episodes considering how much time they are taking

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

No, but I'm sure Portal 2 will bridge the gap between the two games in a much bigger way.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By General_D23

I don't think so. Everything they've said has pointed to a full-length game with a standalone release. Anything is possible with Valve, but I think it will be some time after Portal 2 until we see the next Half-Life (which really just needs to be Half-Life 3 anyway).
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I think Portal 2 will be just that: a sequel to Portal 1, and that there will be no box whatsoever.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bombs_Away
    @MrKlorox: I was thinking something similar, the Portal 2 artwork that I've seen is very similar to the Episode 3 artwork that was released a while back.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Sooperspy

I would be cool. Also awesome if it came with team fortress 3 or counter strike 2

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Andheez

That would be great.  Personally I was thinking Portal 2 and Episode 3 would be the same game.
    But I don't think they are going to do this, I think they are going to give each their own proper release.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EvilTwin

Episode 3 will be scheduled to release on December 22nd, 2012.  It will be the greatest creation man hath ever wrought.  Unfortunately, no one will ever get to play it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.