Female gamer does amazing portal 2 walkthrough video (spoilers?)

• 102 results
#1 Edited by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

This video only contains footage from the very beginning of the game and I have to say I came away from it amazed, I found the level of skill on display here unbelievable. I literally couldn't believe it. Anyway the really good stuff is after the four minute mark. I'm sure this speaks to the quality of some of the personalities out there of there doing this sort of thing. I just wanted to share this with Giant Bomb and see what peoples reaction is, I know for me personally I felt smarter just watching it. I wasn't familiar with Ijustine before this, I found this video because Frank Howley made a parody cut the rope walkthrough. 
#2 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

If she is so good, why is she playing the console version?

EDIT:  Never mind, she retarded.

#3 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -
@craigbo180 said:
"Ijustine.  "
 Yeah, no thanks.
#4 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
@craigbo180: I see what you did there.
#5 Edited by cheebaking (123 posts) -

That's painful.....I can't look away.
Its getting so much worse. She is so close, I'm rooting for this girl.

#6 Posted by kidman (470 posts) -

Not funny. Turned off after 71 seconds.

#8 Posted by gamefreak9 (2370 posts) -

#9 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@cheebaking: I think she makes money from these videos so technically that makes her a professional gamer, rightly so! Worth every penny as I also could not look away from this video! Everyone loves a car crash!
#10 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Let's be honest here though, she is kinda hot and I wouldn't pass up a date with her.

For lack of a better word, I'd touch her shoulder.

#11 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

Annoying.

#12 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

Wow, a somewhat attractive blond girl pretending to fulfill her stereotype. Soo funny. O wait, no it's not.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -

:( I was trying to think of something witty to post, but this goes beyond witty comments and into plain :( territory, as in I was actually frowning for the majority of this video.

In my playthrough, when I got to the part where you had to get across the gap, my initial thought was that I had to fling myself across instead of just putting a portal on the wall. I thought I was stupid, but apparently not :o

#14 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@Positrark said:
" Wow, a somewhat attractive blond girl pretending to fulfill her stereotype. Soo funny. O wait, no it's not. "
Trying? I would say it was a triumph.

Huge success.
#15 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

not an eyeball

#16 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

She will do anything for more money...seriously.

#17 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
@Portis said:
" @craigbo180 said:
"Ijustine.  "
 Yeah, no thanks. "
#18 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

Jesus.

#19 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

The guy she lives with, Toby Turner, is a lot better at making these kinds of videos (and his Literal trailers are great).

Their Little Big Planet 2 co-op videos are kinda fun too, Justine is a fun person. 
#20 Posted by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

"am i missing the concept of the portal... thing." Yes! Yes, you are.

#21 Posted by ShaggE (6545 posts) -

A shame, she seems like she could be a good LPer if she'd stop pretending to be stupid. 

#22 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

I think she broke her funny bone.

#23 Posted by Oddface (85 posts) -

The feeling of watching this is an amazing blend of funny and fucking infuriating. Bitching and moaning while making the same mistakes over and over. Holy shit\, just stop and fucking think for a minute!

#24 Edited by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

Snore...

Didn't laugh once.

#25 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

The only thing worse than stupid people, fake stupid people.

#26 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@Vodun: Yes in reality her IQ is actually off the charts.
#27 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Good thing there's tons of guys out there failing with their walkthrough vids as well, so this one failure for girl gamers isn't bothering me in the slightest ^_^

#28 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

#29 Edited by JEC03 (904 posts) -

This movie comes to mind called smileyface.

#30 Posted by TheSmashing (313 posts) -
#31 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Embarrassing.

*shakes head in disapproval*
#32 Posted by SeanFoster (878 posts) -

I have chills of the douche variety. 

#33 Posted by Aegon (5702 posts) -

I hated it when she was added to GTTV and I hate this. 

#34 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I was gonna ask why you had to point out she was female, but I see the point of that now.

I'm really indifferent. Watched for a minute and I'm not sure if it's a sincere attempt at humour or not. Either way, I don't care.
#35 Posted by Metal_Mills (3010 posts) -

I hate people on YT who desperately try to act funny.

#36 Posted by animathias (1190 posts) -

I dunno what's scarier.. if it's a ruse, or if she's really that dense...

#37 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Justine... I don't like her. Something about her annoys me... I don't like Vloggers and shit like that on youtube anyways.

#38 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@Portis said:
" @craigbo180 said:
"Ijustine.  "
 Yeah, no thanks. "
#39 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

...Christ, this has already got more attention that it deserves.

#40 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Women arent funny, Jerry Lewis was right. This is just one of those stunted virgin things like Boxxy isnt it.

#41 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma: I know but I can't help myself, I just love things I hate. I feel sorry for the people that only had the patience for a minute or so, the back end of the video is what's teeth grindingly bad.
#42 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

This is soo cringeworthy it's unbelievable. Also I didn't see the funny aspect of this at all. Acting like a complete moron isn't humorous, and if you think it is- you're setting us back as a species.

#43 Posted by wonderhare (350 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
" @Portis said:
" @craigbo180 said:
"Ijustine.  "
 Yeah, no thanks. "
"
#44 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

I can't stand iJustine
#45 Edited by Ashler (96 posts) -

There goes Justine's credibility among gamers for her Gametrailers TV segment.

Here's a tip, get someone who actually understands Portal to explain you the levels so that for your next 'episodes' (*cringe*) you can try and actually minimize the damage...

#46 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

#47 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Enchantment?

#48 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Yeah she's surprised that she's not an "eyeball" even though she was sleeping in a bed like a human at the beginning of the game. 

The entertainment value kind of depends on how you interpret it though. If you look at it as satire, it's not half bad. 
#49 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

People understandabley hate this? Then I will choose to love this like its metahumor! Rebel4lyfe.

#50 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@Geno: I don't think so can call it satire if its not intended. Obviously you could think she really knew the workings of the game all along and the puzzles would have been no problem for her but she played up the struggle so it would get more views... that is something that a person could think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.