Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Go straight in???

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bennym6

I will admit it I have never played Portal bar the demo. Do not get me wrong i enjoyed myself but I never got around to buying it. I am very interested in Portal 2 but I am unsure wether i should play the first one before hand. Feedback would be awesome, thanks in advance. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You might as well play the first one if you can, but it's a one-sentence narrative to read if you wanna skip over it. So, whatever you like really. 

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Cirdain
    @bennym6 said:
    " I will admit it I have never played Portal bar the demo. Do not get me wrong i enjoyed myself but I never got around to buying it. I am very interested in Portal 2 but I am unsure wether i should play the first one before hand. Feedback would be awesome, thanks in advance. :D "
    Buy it. Play it. Love it.
    =)
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @bennym6 said:
    " I will admit it I have never played Portal bar the demo. Do not get me wrong i enjoyed myself but I never got around to buying it. I am very interested in Portal 2 but I am unsure wether i should play the first one before hand. Feedback would be awesome, thanks in advance. :D "
    Definitely. First of all it is cheap as hell (and free if you pre-order it from Steam) and seeing the previous environments as they are now should be amazing.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You should definitely play portal first. If you're looking to get Portal 2 on PC you get Portal 1 free when you preorder on steam, so that's a great way to get it for free.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Animasta

also if you want to I just preordered portal 2 and have a free portal copy on steam, happy to give it away

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By bennym6
    @Laketown: No it's cool

positrark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By positrark

You should definitely play it. It's a great game. Pretty similar to portal 2 gameplay vise, sans some improvements, and with a cleverly written minimalistic story. If you want to play portal 2, I don't see why you wouldn't want to play the first one. Besides, it's pretty brief anyway, so it shouldn't take you that long to finish it.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By craigbo180

Yeah definitely play the first one, the story of the first seems like it will be relevant and there are some returning characters. Also it doesn't take that long to play through and you can see if this sort of gameplay is for you because there really isn't anything else out there like it.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

You might want to play that first one, it only takes two hours to finish anyways

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.