If I Were A Core..

#1 Edited by Hizang (8534 posts) -

While searching YouTube, as you do, I stumbled upon a Portal 2 music video. I was utterly amazed at the quality and effort that is shown in these videos. The person who made these clearly loves Portal 2 and spent a long time on these. While watching at first I had to check that this wasn't an official video done by Valve, it just looks stunning.

The person who did it also put up a bunch of videos on how he made it, which I also recommend as its very interesting to anybody who is into this kind of thing. Watching it in the end though has just made me want to go and play Portal 2 again, which I may just go and do. There are also a few other videos by this guy that spoof other songs that you should check out.

Dug a little deeper and found this one.

#2 Posted by Tylea002 (2291 posts) -

Hopefully this isn't youtube spam, because this is awesome.

I approve.

#3 Edited by killacam (1282 posts) -

i ALSO approve

#4 Posted by Tylea002 (2291 posts) -

Also, this inspired me to actually look up the lyrics to Beyonce's song (never heard it properly before), and holy shit is that song nice and sexist. Replace boy/girl with girl/boy, or straight/gay, or fucking pc gamer/console gamer, it'd be seen as not cool.

Actually, I want to hear if i were a console gamer or pc gamer.

Wait, no I don't. That'd be dumb.

#5 Posted by ApeGantz (216 posts) -

Wow.

I instinctually went to watch is other videos. Amazing.

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

These are really well done.

#7 Posted by RetroVirus (1405 posts) -

I really like it when a game inspires this kind of creative reaction from the community.

#8 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

That looks like a good way to get a job at Valve. It seems like they hire all their fanboys.

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

Not too fond of the first video the second is rad thought. Does not help that it is spoofing a actual good song.

#10 Posted by Brendan (7511 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

That looks like a good way to get a job at Valve. It seems like they hire all their fanboys.

If their fanboys are ridiculously talented, then yeah. Otherwise your comment is kind of silly.

#11 Posted by JackSukeru (5816 posts) -

Your post reads like you really tried to not make this Youtube spam, which I can appreciate, good job on putting the effort in.

Also, cool videos. I'll be checking the rest out now.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

I thought this was a topic asking us what type of core we'd be. I'd be the Old School Weeaboo Core.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I thought this was a topic asking us what type of core we'd be. I'd be the Old School Weeaboo Core.

Why would you not be the space core?

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

@Hizang:

Why wouldn't you be the Space Core?

#15 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -
@Video_Game_King Thats what I said!
#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

@Hizang:

And that's what I am asking. If I am eligible to be the Space Core, why aren't you?

#17 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

That was really good. Reminds me of how much I loved Portal 2. I think I'm going to go replay it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.