Kotaku just spoiled the ending for me... idiots!

  • 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by ShaggE (6815 posts) -

I'm surprised that people weren't bitching at Valve for telling them what the title of the game was, considering how crazy they've gotten about any other tiny bit of info. 
 
"WHAT!? Portal's sequel is called Portal 2? Fuck, now the entire game's RUINED!"  
 
I hate spoilers too, but you can't expect nobody to openly discuss the end song. Not in a post-Still Alive world. 

#52 Edited by Mike76x (558 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:

Sigh, KNOWING that she survives and lets you go is a spoiler in itself, is it really that hard to understand?

1. GLaDOS is on the back cover of the game itself, her voice is in the multiplayer commercials, and you find her 20 minutes into the game? 
2. She sang "Still Alive at the end of Portal 1 and WAS NOT ALIVE it's a song not a plot point. 


GLaDOS doesn't like you, she wants you gone, she wasn't still alive, and
#53 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -
@Jonnyflash80 said:
Sigh, KNOWING that she survives and lets you go is a spoiler in itself, is it really that hard to understand?
What? Anyone who saw trailers for Portal 2 knew that GLaDOS makes a return. Look at the very first trailer from E3 last year. It's not like Valve was keeping it a big secret.  
Sigh, the music is from the ENDING. just simply knowing that Glados let's you go is a spoiler and knowing she survives the events of the game is a huge spoiler, anyone with a working brain will figure it out but judging from the person above me not many people have healthy brains anymore.
#54 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Beware of the internets when you haven't finished a game.

#55 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2467 posts) -

1. The game has been out for a month so people will be posting stuff on the story by now 
 
2. Why the hell did you click on a story having to do with the game you are currently playing? 9/10 The post or the comments are going to have spoilers in them. 

#56 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

Destructoid posted the song like a week after the game came out and their default front-page format is a regular blog, so it's in your face right when you scroll down to it. A very questionable decision.
 
It's not a terrible spoiler (knowing the basic theme of the song isn't going to ruin anything for you unless you try to understand it), but I can understand why you'd be annoyed.

#57 Edited by ProfessorEss (7538 posts) -

It's not really much of a spoiler, and even if it was I wouldn't sweat it. 
The dialog throughout the game is where it's at. I don't see the end being spoiled detracting from the overall experience all that much.

#58 Edited by Mike76x (558 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:

Sigh, the music is from the ENDING. just simply knowing that Glados let's you go is a spoiler and knowing she survives the events of the game is a huge spoiler, anyone with a working brain will figure it out but judging from the person above me not many people have healthy brains anymore.

The music is played after the ending during the credits, the song is full of spoilerific little details that aren't even factually correct at the time.  Just like the last game.
So far you spoiled Portal 2 more than any post at Kotaku
Please explain how "I want you gone" = "I let you go"
#59 Posted by Spoonman671 (4832 posts) -

Not a spoiler--get over it.

#60 Edited by ProfessorEss (7538 posts) -
@Mike76x said:

@lavaman77 said:


So far you spoiled Portal 2 more than any post at Kotaku Please explain how "I want you gone" = "I let you go"
Way, way, WAY more. Now that's how you spoil some shit!
I'm not even leaving it in the quote just in case someone reads this one first.
#61 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -
@Mike76x said:
@lavaman77 said:

Sigh, the music is from the ENDING. just simply knowing that Glados let's you go is a spoiler and knowing she survives the events of the game is a huge spoiler, anyone with a working brain will figure it out but judging from the person above me not many people have healthy brains anymore.

The music is played after the ending during the credits, the song is full of spoilerific little details that aren't even factually correct at the time.  Just like the last game.So far you spoiled Portal 2 more than any post at Kotaku Please explain how "I want you gone" = "I let you go"
Are you serious??! you are hopeless.
#62 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:
@Mike76x said:
@lavaman77 said:

Sigh, the music is from the ENDING. just simply knowing that Glados let's you go is a spoiler and knowing she survives the events of the game is a huge spoiler, anyone with a working brain will figure it out but judging from the person above me not many people have healthy brains anymore.

The music is played after the ending during the credits, the song is full of spoilerific little details that aren't even factually correct at the time.  Just like the last game.So far you spoiled Portal 2 more than any post at Kotaku Please explain how "I want you gone" = "I let you go"
Are you serious??! you are hopeless.
Portal 1 ended with GLaDOS singing "Still Alive"  (she wasn't, she was dead)
Portal 2 ended with GLaDOS singing "Want you gone" (she always did, whats different?) 
 
Knowing ONLY that information what is spoiled? 
Were you aware that the song posted was instrumental and contained no lyrics at all?
#63 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

0 surprise, then again never thought the journalism from Kotaku was rather good.

#64 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -
@Mike76x said:
@lavaman77 said:
@Mike76x said:
@lavaman77 said:

Sigh, the music is from the ENDING. just simply knowing that Glados let's you go is a spoiler and knowing she survives the events of the game is a huge spoiler, anyone with a working brain will figure it out but judging from the person above me not many people have healthy brains anymore.

The music is played after the ending during the credits, the song is full of spoilerific little details that aren't even factually correct at the time.  Just like the last game.So far you spoiled Portal 2 more than any post at Kotaku Please explain how "I want you gone" = "I let you go"
Are you serious??! you are hopeless.
Portal 1 ended with GLaDOS singing "Still Alive"  (she wasn't, she was dead)Portal 2 ended with GLaDOS singing "Want you gone" (she always did, whats different?)   Knowing ONLY that information what is spoiled?  Were you aware that the song posted was instrumental and contained no lyrics at all?
You really are as clueless as the editors aren't you?  the name of the song is a spoiler and the editors make it worse:
#65 Edited by Mike76x (558 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:

@Mike76x said:

@lavaman77 said:
@Mike76x said:
@lavaman77 said:

Sigh, the music is from the ENDING. just simply knowing that Glados let's you go is a spoiler and knowing she survives the events of the game is a huge spoiler, anyone with a working brain will figure it out but judging from the person above me not many people have healthy brains anymore.

The music is played after the ending during the credits, the song is full of spoilerific little details that aren't even factually correct at the time.  Just like the last game.So far you spoiled Portal 2 more than any post at Kotaku Please explain how "I want you gone" = "I let you go"
Are you serious??! you are hopeless.
Portal 1 ended with GLaDOS singing "Still Alive"  (she wasn't, she was dead)Portal 2 ended with GLaDOS singing "Want you gone" (she always did, whats different?)   Knowing ONLY that information what is spoiled?  Were you aware that the song posted was instrumental and contained no lyrics at all?
You really are as clueless as the editors aren't you?  the name of the song is a spoiler and the editors make it worse:
She also sang that she was "Still Alive" when she was blown to shit and completely inoperable. 
The songs are from AFTER the game and exist outside of the actual storyline.
She has wanted you gone since Portal 1.  
 
Re-read the OP's first post, he edited and now even he says he was wrong about it being a spoiler. 
He overreacted when he could've just as easily asked "Is this a spoiler" and people would've said no.
#66 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

They didn´t spoil a lot of the story but still... 
 
This is the reason why I do not like to read forums, even Giantbomb (though you guys are pretty good about spoiler tagging everything). The ending of several games have been spoiled for me on forums and I decided not to read threads on forums until I finished the game.

#67 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:
Sigh, KNOWING that she survives and lets you go is a spoiler in itself, is it really that hard to understand?
You must not have understood me. They may have spoiled that Glados sings a song at the end, but they never spoil WHY she "Want you gone" or even the better storyline stuff that happens right before that part. 
Its a mild spoiler considering all the huge stuff that happens right before. 
And stop being so hostile.
#68 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Its not that much of a spoiler. As long as you didn't listen to the song, you're fine

#69 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

This thread makes me want to spoil Portal 2 for someone.

#70 Posted by ThePickle (4181 posts) -

Actually not a spoiler. Idiots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.