Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Parts that you got stuck on? (Spoilers)

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sagesebas

Generally I thought the puzzles where fun, and challenging without being frustrating. Some were easier than others,and some took a little while to get past. So what were the ones you got stuck on, or at least took some serious figuring out to do. For me it was the three gel part before you got into Wheatley's Laboratories, and the part where you had to use the gravity tubes to send the blue gel over to knock down the turrets.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sagesebas: Same! God that one was a thinker. Once I figured it out though, I felt a bit dumb for taking so long.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sagesebas

yeah that one was cool it took me awhile to figure out you had to shoot the white gel into the vent

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I had no issues at all with any of the puzzles. Sadly the last few even seemed quite easy. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @sagesebas said:

...it took me awhile to figure out you had to shoot the white gel into the vent "

That was the only one that had me stuck to the point of almost quitting.
    It was super frustrating to find out it was a simple line-of-site issue.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I got stuck in that room where there's the two lasers, two cubes, and three thingy things, you know, the things you have to get the lasers to go into.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sagesebas
    @PrivateIronTFU:  Yeah that one was tough it was cool because it was such a small enclosed space, but I finally figured it out, not sure if I remember how though.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @sagesebas said:
    " @PrivateIronTFU:  Yeah that one was tough it was cool because it was such a small enclosed space, but I finally figured it out, not sure if I remember how though. "
    My buddy who was playing it at the same time as me (and now my partner in science) was super stuck on that one too.

That's one of those ones I lucked out on and completely almost totally by accident.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By YoungFrey

Same 2 for me.  I knew I was trying to solve the 3-paint one incorrectly too.  I was paintakingly speading paint on the floor via splatters because I just couldn't see anything else to do.  The painting the turrets was a pain too, but not as bad. 
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @sagesebas: Yeah, once I figured it out, it seemed so simple, and I felt like an idiot. Pretty much the case for every part you get stuck on.

I also got stuck on the part where you're about to reunite with Glados. I ended up glitching the game and going over the gate, and I never got the Tater-Tote trophy.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan

Honestly, I'd say that I got stumped on about half of the gel puzzles. I was running through tests easily near the beginning but once gels were in I slowed down to a crawl. The one where you had to use funnels to take the repulsion gel to knock down the turrets was crazy.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sagesebas
    @TheFreeMan:  I am glad I'm not the only one that got stuck on that, haha
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Pinworm45

I found the single player to be a complete joke.

The only time I was genuinely stumped was in the co op. The fan one. And that was mostly because we saw the portal fizzle and didn't bother to advance, assuming the puzzle was to get both of us to there.

Incidentally, after that, valve spoiled the puzzle for me anyway. I remember in one of the GB videos they said "don't forget guys, lazers can go through glass! This one stumped a bunch of people". Well it didn't take much thinking to realize this was a stumper and HEY THERE'S SOME GLASS SHOOT THE LAZER AT IT.

Really wish they wouldn't have done that. Beating that puzzle would have been significantly more satisfying.
    hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By hexogen

I got stuck on a part between two chambers during the repulsion gel tests. There was a huge drop and a small portalable space on the wall, and you had to somehow get up to scaffolding high above. For some reason it took a half an hour for it to click that I needed to go back above the previous test chamber and shoot a portal under the repulsion gel pipe, then gel up the wall and fling myself up there via the large drop.

I felt really dumb afterwards, which I can say about pretty much every chamber that took me a while to figure out. My friend had to ask me how to solve that exact same part a few days later, so that made me feel a bit better. I think I was just so used to not being able to access or take things from the previous chamber (due to the emancipation grids) that my mind just didn't expect that. Also, the part other people are mentioning where you had to take repulsion gel through the funnels to knock down turrets--had to look that one up. That was the only part in the entire game that I couldn't figure out by myself. And again, once I saw how simple it was I was appalled that I couldn't figure it out.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By zonikjj

I felt stuck at EVERY DAMN PART!

/wrist

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Azteck

The one where you had to do the same puzzle twice nearly broke my head!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.