"Peer Review" is now available (360)

#1 Edited by Aishan (1022 posts) -

Peer Review is now up on the XBL Marketplace (under Game Addons, Portal 2, not spotlighted yet) 1.37 GB download. Not available on Steam yet, it seems. No idea about PSN either.

Description text says there's both singleplayer and multiplayer challenges.

EDIT: The singleplayer "content" just appears to be time-trial and fewest-portal challenges (no steps challenges this time) for the story levels. Nothing unique.

Similar for the multiplayer, new leaderboards for the original courses, but there's also another series of levels called "Art Therapy".

Took about 2 hours to get through it with a random dude I met on XBL. As always, with Portal, the reason some of the puzzles took so long is because of overthinking the situation. It's a total "Of course!" once you see the proper solution. Pretty decent overall, and you can't argue the price.

#2 Posted by PiltdownMan (76 posts) -

I couldn't find it in the marketplace, but found it by popping the disc in and hitting the download free DLC button.

#3 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (712 posts) -

Downloaded it, and I don't even have the game yet. Woo!

#4 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

@Aishan said:

Took about 2 hours to get through it with a random dude I met on XBL.

That why you play locally with a friend or a sibling, its much easier when you can see the other guys screen

#5 Posted by Aishan (1022 posts) -

@kashif1: You can see your partner's screen online too (Y button).

#6 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Aishan: Don't worry, I'll force you to play co-op with me once I get the game.

#7 Posted by Aishan (1022 posts) -

@Cincaid: But I already know all the solutions!

#8 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Aishan: Even better! You know how dumb I am.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (12303 posts) -

Hm, I actually don't think I can be bothered doing the whole challenge mode thing :(

#10 Posted by Aishan (1022 posts) -

@BeachThunder: I'm with you. The new co-op levels are fun to play, but I couldn't really care less about leaderboard rankings for the singleplayer stuff.

#11 Posted by AlexW00d (6389 posts) -

@Aishan: It's up on Steam too! Or at least, Portal 2 just had a 770mb update.

#12 Posted by Springfart (354 posts) -

how do you unlock the new multiplayer challenges?

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Is it still free? Or has Microsoft not yet fired the guy who didn't like free content for 360 games?

#14 Posted by Ghostmut (19 posts) -

how do you access the new content?

#15 Posted by Aishan (1022 posts) -

@Springfart: @Ghostmut:

It's immediately in front of where you spawn in the multiplayer hub. Just portal over, step on both the buttons and you'll be sent over to the new area.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.