Portal 2 backstage demo video - Lube and bouncy-walls gameplay!

#1 Edited by Forcen (1766 posts) -
#2 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5355 posts) -

Ohhh orange lines that make you run faster and blue bouncy walls :O 

Looks like a lot of good improvements. Should be awesoooome!

#3 Posted by Chaser324 (5967 posts) -

Wow, now it's totally apparent why Valve got the guys that made this game:

#4 Edited by Forcen (1766 posts) -
@Chaser324:  Wow, you may have a point there.

Is there a good concept page for stuff like this?
#5 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Oh man, looks like the Source Engine has had an upgrade or two as well. Can't wait for this.

#6 Posted by erreib (2 posts) -

Thank you so much! I've been waiting for a game play video all day, but no site has delivered.

#7 Edited by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

This game looks fucking nuts! I loved the first one and cant wait to play the sequel myself. I was gonna get it on PC, but after hearing the PS3 reveal, I'll probably switch to that version.

#8 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4874 posts) -

Looks amazing. Not that I expected anything else.

#9 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Looks great.  I think I did expect less than this, hype +1.

#10 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -

This video really helps explaining the new aditions, because Jeff talking about it in the podcast just confused me...
#11 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

Here is a interview with Valve by 1UP about the new goo gameplay and more:

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -

This looks fantastic. 

#13 Posted by Finscher (142 posts) -

I seriously couldn't be more thrilled. Well, maybe that's an overstatement, but this really seems like it's going to be opening up a lot of new gameplay options. Good enough in my books.

#14 Posted by GrumpyTheDorf (64 posts) -

I cannot wait for this, but it looks hella hard

#15 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

I loved Portal, but I wasn't challenged enough by it. Really looking forward to this.

#16 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

Looks amazing 

#17 Edited by Icemael (6271 posts) -

Nice. I just hope people don't make too big a deal out of this game. The first one was a neat little puzzle game with mildly amusing writing, but all that OMG BEST GAME EVAR shit kind of killed it for me. 

It's like Halo. I have nothing against the games themselves, but the fanbase sort of makes me wish they were never developed.

#18 Posted by zudthespud (3278 posts) -

mind = blown. 

#19 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

I have updated the first post with videos from the entire E3 Portal 2 demo from IGN. ( Source)
The new videos show one of the personality cubes jeff described in the bombcast, do not miss!

#20 Posted by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

love the British personality cube

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.