Portal 2 custom maps.

#1 Edited by Twitchey (865 posts) -

Next week I will be leaving town for a week to a relative's house. The only problem with this is that their internet is slower than dial up. 
I want to play Portal 2 co-op on my computer but now I can't.

So I need help to get my Portal fix. Where would I go to find a large library of custom Portal 2 maps and how would I download and install them?   

edit: If a mod could kindly move this to the Portal 2 forums, I forgot to and would really appreciate it.

#2 Posted by Khann (2833 posts) -
#3 Edited by Ossi (1229 posts) -
#4 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@Ossi: So once I download a map it's in the game instantly or do I have to go through a process?
#5 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -
@Twitchey: The map creators usually place instructions with their maps in the readme file. But all you have to do is place the .bsp file into the maps directory of portal 2 and then run a "changelevel" command to the map you want via portal 2's in-game console.
#6 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
#7 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@Ossi: Sorry to ask you so many questions but where would I find the Portal 2 file on Windows 7, I downloaded the game with Steam if that helps you.
#8 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -
@Twitchey: In your steam directory you go to steamapps/common/portal 2/portal 2/maps   Place your files in there. Also, Infininja posted a really great map site as well, I forgot about that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.