Portal 2 fan-art - Reunion

Posted by Sanj (2338 posts) -

Here’s some Portal 2 fan-art y’all. The thought of making fan-art hadn’t crossed my mind until I heard this beautiful song from the game’s soundtrack. I was able to finish this relatively quickly thanks to having it on repeat.  Also, this awesome piece of Portal 2 art I came across while browsing the Valve store inspired me quite a lot too. If only I could find a bigger version of it!

Anyway, 

Bigger version here.

dA page

Edit: There's now a 1920x1080 version.
#1 Edited by Sanj (2338 posts) -

Here’s some Portal 2 fan-art y’all. The thought of making fan-art hadn’t crossed my mind until I heard this beautiful song from the game’s soundtrack. I was able to finish this relatively quickly thanks to having it on repeat.  Also, this awesome piece of Portal 2 art I came across while browsing the Valve store inspired me quite a lot too. If only I could find a bigger version of it!

Anyway, 

Bigger version here.

dA page

Edit: There's now a 1920x1080 version.
#2 Edited by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Wow. I love it. Any way you can scale it to wallpaper size? I'd love it in 1680x1050 :)

Edit: If you love that song, check out this webpage (Only after finishing Portal 2, spoilerific) It's so peaceful and beautiful.
#3 Posted by SSully (4117 posts) -

That is outstanding, great job

#4 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i fucking love portal and everything about it

edit: i got too excited to realize that you made this, @Sanj:  ... Kudos man !!! it's an amazing piece of art and i salute you. already using it as a dekstop background :D
but as Scooper said, a better res version would be appreciated. also, check out the link he gave ya (if you've beaten the game)

#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Yo where's Wheatley

#6 Posted by Sanj (2338 posts) -
@Scooper: 

Well, there's a 1490x900 version of it in the link underneath it, or here. Hope that helps? If not, i'll see if I can conjure up a 1680x1050. 
And that "Chell in the Rain" link is the actually where I heard the song in the first place, haha. 

Anyhoo, cheers fellas.     
#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Sanj: Yeah, I'm using that version as a wallpaper. It's really good man. I kinda wanna buy that massive print that you linked too but I don't think they ship to the UK, or if they do it's way too expensive ;(
#8 Edited by Sanj (2338 posts) -
@Scooper: They do ship to the UK, but the cost is about $20 for shipping if I recall. Still mulling it over myself!

Edit: Oh yeh, made a few minor changes to my painting. 
#9 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

That piece of fan art is amazing great job :D

#10 Posted by JoeAverage (1 posts) -

Nice! Keep it up!

#11 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4238 posts) -

Nice use of foreground contrast.

#12 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Dayymn son, thats epic

(makes me want to play the game...even thought i havent yet:P)

P.S. didnt know you could follow rorie/normanchan, cheers :P
#13 Posted by Sanj (2338 posts) -
@Sayishere: 

Cheers duder. Yeah I just clicked on the "Users" tab at the top and then went to "Staff" and I could see all the crew. Now go play Portal! The first one!
#14 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

reminds me of this

Concept art showing the protagonist, Gordon Freeman, facing off (or observing) a Combine Advisor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.