Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Portal 2 from amazon

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

I am in Canada, and i see that Amazon.com has a really good deal for portal, 5 dollars off and 20dollars gift card. I went and checked amazon.ca and they had no such deal. Is there anything stopping me from just buying it from amazon.com? Am i missing something here? I mean why would the Canadian site not have the same deal(my account works on both...)? So, i am expecting to order it from the .com site but i am hesitating because im worried i might get screwed over with some hidden cost. for example, shipping internationally could be expensive and cost me the very money i save. I am new to amazon and will be ordering from it for like the first time. 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

They'll charge you extra for international shipping and customs.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By super2j
    @extremeradical:
    sooo, how do i figure out what i get charged?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald
    @super2j: Well, if you go the checkout screen, before you confirm the order, it'll tell you how much it costs. It'll probably also take longer to ship.
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I don't think I'd chance it. I'm pre-ordered for this exact deal in the states but my guess is they aren't going to give you the deal and ship international too.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By McShank

Why preorder through amazon or gamestop?!? why not steam??? Its 5$ off right now + you get a FREE copy of portal 1.. and you dont need the disk as it will always be saved to your account on steam.. Imo its the best deal out there.. Plus there is no international shipping cost to Download it :D

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Wow, that is a good idea. Now I'm debating this..

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @McShank: Maybe he only has an Xbox?
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bybeach

I really like amazon, but steam is very go-to for me. I just hope that they exist in a good form for a long time, because in all practicality, they have my disc. But I think in the OP's case, steam is the better bet. yeah, I luv those money off discounts myself, and since I live in the states maybe this is the best way for me to go. especially since I suspect this will have to be validated with a steam account(?)
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McShank
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @McShank: Maybe he only has an Xbox? "
    If he does then ignore my post :D just saying if you own a PC and you want this game to go steam since I doubt any retailer will give you a cheaper price / better preorder discount like the original for free. Plus their Downloading times are usually pretty fast unlike other sites. Just my opinion but GL if you do buy this on consoles as aiming will be the best thing >:D
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
    @McShank said:
    " Why preorder through amazon or gamestop?!? why not steam??? Its 5$ off right now + you get a FREE copy of portal 1.. and you dont need the disk as it will always be saved to your account on steam.. Imo its the best deal out there.. Plus there is no international shipping cost to Download it :D "
    Gotta respectfully disagree, if you own a PS3. Buy the game for PS3 from Amazon at $5 discount, get the PC version free with it, and $20 Amazon gift card? That deal is nuts!
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McShank

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

" @McShank said:

" Why preorder through amazon or gamestop?!? why not steam??? Its 5$ off right now + you get a FREE copy of portal 1.. and you dont need the disk as it will always be saved to your account on steam.. Imo its the best deal out there.. Plus there is no international shipping cost to Download it :D "

Gotta respectfully disagree, if you own a PS3. Buy the game for PS3 from Amazon at $5 discount, get the PC version free with it, and $20 Amazon gift card? That deal is nuts! "
    True but the aiming on a console just seems like it will be alot harder then needed vs the pc version. but 5$ of is only 54.99$. Steam has it for 44.99$ 
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/  Also valve probably did something so you cant sell one of them and keep the other and have them both work. All in all i still think steam has the best deal unless you want a copy for both console and pc >.>
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Ordered on Amazon for the PS3 w/ release day shipping for another $1, can't wait!

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ericdrum

+1 taking advantage of the Amazon deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.