Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Portal 2 Game Informer scans

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chuggsy
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

Whoa, Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years after the first one. That means that it also takes place after the events of Half-Life 2 and the episodes!

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tiwi

awesome! thx man. been looking for these!

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By ArcBorealis

Awesome. The ASCII pics from the BBS make more sense now that they are in these scans. Recognized them, the two robots especially.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By thebeast

There's a task open for anyone who wants to write up some of this information in our Portal 2 wiki article.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By cap123

sounds great, great little narrative they have going and even though i didn't enjoy portal as much as some of the bigger fans i'm totally interested in what valve does with a full-length portal :)

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By General_D23
    @Forcen said:
    "Whoa, Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years after the first one. That means that it also takes place after the events of Half-Life 2 and the episodes! "

Wait, wait, wait, wait.... 

So....how is that going to work? Are we going to get a peek at how Episode 3/Half-Life 3 ends or what?
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Forcen
    @General_D23 said:
    " @Forcen said:
    "Whoa, Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years after the first one. That means that it also takes place after the events of Half-Life 2 and the episodes! "

Wait, wait, wait, wait....  So....how is that going to work? Are we going to get a peek at how Episode 3/Half-Life 3 ends or what? "
    I don't think they will overlap that much. The Aperture Science labs are still cut of from the outside world  but maybe you will go outside in the end, who knows? 
    The article said this: 

"Valve doesn't intend to elaborate on the Half-Life connection because of the tonal differences between games. We are aware, however, that Portal 2 takes place well after the events of Half-Life 2. Perhaps Chell is safer inside."

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

Seems like there could be some awesome puzzles with those new gameplay mechanics :D

Also, I love the character designs for the co-op robots:

No Caption Provided

@General_D23: probably not; aisde from dropping the name 'Aperture Science' here and there, I don't think there will be any allusion to the Half-Life franchise.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By august
    @Forcen said:
    " @General_D23 said:
    " @Forcen said:

Wait, wait, wait, wait....  So....how is that going to work? Are we going to get a peek at how Episode 3/Half-Life 3 ends or what? "
    I don't think they will overlap that much. The Aperture Science labs are still cut of from the outside world  but maybe you will go outside in the end, who knows? 
    The article said this: 

"Valve doesn't intend to elaborate on the Half-Life connection because of the tonal differences between games. We are aware, however, that Portal 2 takes place well after the events of Half-Life 2. Perhaps Chell is safer inside."

"

One thing I think we can extrapolate is that the Combine doesn't take over Earth - if they did we probably wouldn't be seeing all the plant life.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By jonnyboy

Sweet Jesus. I think I need a little lie down.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By agentboolen

Looks really freakin cool I loved the 1st game this one looks like its changing up a bit and maybe a tiny bit more big dare I say it.  I hope they keep the brilliant game design of the 1st game though....  Hope they don't change to much.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Dood, yes.  Super psyched.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Forcen
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

Guess puzzling will be more organic now, not like in the test chambers, since everything's half destroyed and outdoor and stuff. Cool. Also is that the L4D film grain? Not sure it fits the Portal clean look.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Meltac
    @Al3xand3r:  Portal 1s clean look. If implented correctly they could really show how gritty, and dirty the place has become.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.