Portal 2 on Sale on Amazon Today

#1 Posted by wemibelec90 (1568 posts) -

Amazon has Portal 2 on sale today for $35 on the Xbox and PS3 and $30 for the PC.  Good chance to grab it for less if you haven't picked it up yet.
#2 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

Sadly the deal doesn't carry over to Britain. We get £4 off normal retail. The wait for a price drop continues.

#3 Edited by StrainedEyes (1322 posts) -

It is also on sale at K-Mart for 35 and Gamestop for 40.

#4 Edited by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -
@Geo7877 said:

" It is also on sale at K-Mart for 35 and Gamestop for 40. "

To clarify, Console versions are $39.99 and PC Version is $29.99 at Gamestop.
#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I would purchase it if I could... Cancelled my debit card because of the whole PSN fiasco. :/

#6 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

I waited to buy the game because I knew Amazon would have it cheap real fast!  I was right!

#7 Posted by SMTDante89 (2552 posts) -

I wish I could get it, but it's the end of the semester and I won't have money until next week at the earliest, and that's dependent on whether I can sell any of my textbooks.

#8 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1256 posts) -

They were doing $20 credit for a pre-order so it worked out the same for me.

#9 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

This is very, very unfair. I do not have any money right now. Talk about torture.

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Oh you lucky Americans.

#11 Posted by zombie2011 (4969 posts) -

I'll wait until it's like $20 to pick this game up.

#12 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

You see, there's a reason why I don't buy games day one. But stupid me had to get this game on the first day. How can I fall for this hype? Why did I do this? Stupid, stupid me.

#13 Posted by omghisam (283 posts) -

I preordered my copy from Amazon a few days before it came out and it was $35 on the PC. On launch day it went back up to $50.
#14 Posted by Andorski (5204 posts) -

Is there a reason why all these outlets are putting sales on this game today?

#15 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Awesome. I preordered Mortal Kombat and was reluctant to also buy Portal 2, so I figured I'd wait for a price drop before getting it. Well, now with this deal, and the $10 promotional credit I earned from preordering MK, I just bought Portal 2 for $25 and get free shipping. If it wasn't for this deal, I probably would have had to wait over a whole year for a price this low. Thanks, Amazon! You're my best friend!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.