So like, Valve just put out the Soundtrack (part one) for free.

#1 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2110 posts) -

This came through my Portal 2 feed on facebook and after clicking through there was a download volume link and viola it began getting the RAR file. So naturally, I thought I'd give you (those who haven't heard this news yet) the heads up: it's right here in this free download. I hope they give us part two like this.

#2 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Oh Valve, you so wonderful. Thanks for the link - Portal 2 had a great soundtrack, but I'm still holding out for an official release of the two ending songs because those were brilliant.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11994 posts) -

Awesome ^___^ Listening now...

#4 Posted by Hiashi (87 posts) -

Typical smooth move by Valve.
#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11994 posts) -

:o I forgot how good some of the music is in this game :D

#6 Posted by Draugrim (135 posts) -

I was so ready to buy it, even though it said volume 1 and doesn't include the ending songs, but free!? Amazing. I will save my cash for the next batch.

#7 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

so damn awesome- loaded up on my phone now.  New ringtone what?  Also- do you think some of these that have words or lyrics with them will get released as such?

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3586 posts) -

Oh man some of these tracks are really great. My favorites would have to be "Science is Fun", "Friendly Faith Plate", and "There She Is" because its just so damn haunting.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

God fucking bless Valve, man.  The only video game corporation that deserves all the popularity and financial success it has gained.

#10 Posted by Sanj (2404 posts) -

Yesterday I was pissed at Valve for setting international shipping to $40 at their store...but this makes me less angry. Cheers Valve. Please lower your shipping rate. 

#11 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Awesome. The music, as in any Valve games, is amazing.

#12 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -

Fantastic Timing. I was going to see if anybody had ripped something, but now I don't. Thanks for the heads up!

#13 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

Awesome music from an awesome game, AND you say it's free? 

Awesome. (Thanks, Valve!)

#14 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

Great stuff.  Hopefully more studios will take note of this. I like the look of the Uncharted 2 OST for instance but I am not too sure about spending £10 on a game soundtrack.
#15 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Oh, sweet.

#16 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

Downloaded and listening to now, love it so far. Also used one of the ringtone versions from the site on my phone.

#17 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Holy shit this is nice.

#18 Posted by Spoonybard37 (300 posts) -

What a deal, I love "Science is fun"!

#19 Posted by bassman2112 (840 posts) -

Been listening to this for the past 20 minutes or so - totally astounding =) This will get some play in my car on long drives =)

#20 Posted by Ayame (3 posts) -

So happy when I found that. This sound track is all kinds of excellent. Really hard, rough, noisy techno music doesn't always do it for me, but whoever composed this knew how to make it really sound like music and make it listenable on its own.

Naturally, I can't wait for "Want You Gone" to come out, as well. That song made my heart grow 2 sizes when I watched the credits.

#21 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Helllooooo new ringtone.

#22 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

Valve owns Steam. They can give out anything they want for free.

#23 Posted by Swoxx (3002 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

Oh Valve, you so wonderful. Thanks for the link - Portal 2 had a great soundtrack, but I'm still holding out for an official release of the two ending songs because those were brilliant.

I have to completely agree!

#24 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Bumping this thread to tell people that the second volume is released with 18 new tracks. It's still free so catch them on the site here.

#25 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Volume 2 is out, people! Check it out ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.