Spoiler- Aperture Science could possibly be built here

#1 Posted by Tesson (85 posts) -
#2 Posted by dudeglove (7273 posts) -

I thought someone figured out that it was actually in Michigan? Black Mesa is in Arizona/Nevada (I think).

#3 Posted by Daveyo520 (6598 posts) -

Ya it is in the United States either in upstate Michigan or Ohio.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

haha thats pretty good. but we already know it's in the US

#5 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

It would be a bit weird if it was in Romania. Aperture screams cold war era misplaced american money to me.

#6 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

If you look at the display case at the entrance to 1940s/1950s Aperture, the newspaper says that Cave Johnson bought a mine in Michigan for his science facility.

#7 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Probably that place or something like it was the visual inspiration given how many sources Vavle said they used for the game. Cool place all the same.

#8 Posted by Bismarck (430 posts) -

^ those 2 comments
Valve use lots of stuff from Europe which inspired them.  They did it in other games(City 17 in HL), probably did it here.

#9 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -
@Wrighteous86 said:
" If you look at the display case at the entrance to 1940s/1950s Aperture, the newspaper says that Cave Johnson bought a mine in Michigan for his science facility. "
This.
#10 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@dudeglove: I think Black Mesa is in New Mexico. Man, if there only was a wiki that could tell us this....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.