Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Two Questions Before I Get Started

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soldierg654342

I apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered and the fact that there are actually three, but my copy of Portal 2 just came in today and I've been on something of an information blackout with this game. I'm also not entirely certain if two of these questions can be answered because they pertain to the PS3 version's Steam support. 

1) Is syncing your PSN and Steam account necessary for cross-platform play? 

2) Do Steam achievements translate into Trophies retroactively?

3) How connected is the co-op campaign to the single-player, both in terms of narrative and gameplay (ie; do you have to beat the single-player to get access to the co-op challenges)?
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Daveyo520

Yes

Probably not
    Mildly at best. You don't need to play one to play the other.
    soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By soldierg654342
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " Yes
    Probably not
    Mildly at best. You don't need to play one to play the other.
    "
    Thank you sir. I'll probably start into the PC regardless, I just wanted to no what type of situation I would be in. 
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Daveyo520
    @SoldierG654342: Unless you have already activated your Steam account on your PS3 weeks ago before all this PSN mess you will not have a free PC copy. Most of the questions you asked don't matter right now because the PS3 is busted until maybe next week or longer.
    soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soldierg654342
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " @SoldierG654342: Unless you have already activated your Steam account on your PS3 weeks ago before all this PSN mess you will not have a free PC copy. Most of the questions you asked don't matter right now because the PS3 is busted until maybe next week or longer. "
    Wait, so I can't just enter the code into Steam and download the game? 
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Daveyo520
    @SoldierG654342: Sadly not. This whole PSN thing really threw some wrenches into Portal 2.
    soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By soldierg654342
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " @SoldierG654342: Sadly not. This whole PSN thing really through some wrenches into Portal 2. "
    Sure enough. That's completely fucked. 
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd

You should also note that you must be signed into psn and linked to steam in order to earn double achievements.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daveyo520
    @SoldierG654342: Well you can still play the SP on your PS3 which is where the real meat of the game is.  It would have been nice if Steam was separate from PSN but I am sure Sony wasn't going to let that happen. They also wanted to make sure you bought the PS3 version and actually payed for it instead of buying it, getting the code and returning it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.