Will Portal 2 be in another Orange Box?

#1 Posted by DorianGray (51 posts) -

As good as Portal 2 will be I don't see Valve releasing the game on it's own as a stand alone product like L4D or L4D2 , so is it possible that it could ship next  year contained in a "Orange Box" type bundle with Half Life Episode 3 and something else?

#2 Posted by mrhankey (695 posts) -

No. It's stand alone as detailed in a video interview.

#3 Posted by Loonytoad (29 posts) -

I don't see why it wouldn't be standalone considering the single-player campaign is meant to be twice as long as the first, and then there's a whole separate co-op campaign on top of that.  However it's released I definitely need a copy though, so if Valve want to throw some other stuff in for free I won't complain!

#4 Posted by ansys (62 posts) -

Yes Standalone. Why would they loose money on this gem?

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (14054 posts) -

They said it was standalone but I think it might be difficult for Valve to do another Orange Box even if they wanted to. Two of the games in the original The Orange Box were old Valve classics that had died down (Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One) and Valve were aiming to revive and one game (Portal) was a very short game.

#6 Posted by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -

It will be bundled with Half-Life 2 Episode 3...is that the answer you were looking for?  ;-p

#7 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

What else could they bundle it with that wasn't in the Orange Box? I wouldn't hold your breath for Half Life 3: Episode 3 :P

#8 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -

They said during E3 that Portal 2 will be a standalone game, but that doesn't mean they won't surprise us with a demo for HL3 or something (maybe the console version will come with their free PC "Alien Swarm" game), though I'm confident it will just be Portal 2.

#9 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Portal was always a gimmick...I'm not too sure if it's going to work as a standalone game.

Prediction - Good game but will bomb regardless without promise of much desired Half Life episode.

#10 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Hopefully it's standalone. Want more portal. 

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

might be included in one in the future, but right now its a stand alone game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.