"I'm Still Alive" - Best song in a game ever?

#1 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Anyone else think the "I'm Still Alive" song from the ending credits to Portal is the best song in a videogame ever? It's just so witty and catchy and surprsingly good to be honest.

What does everyone else think?

#2 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

Best song ever? Maybe. Definitely the catchiest.

#3 Posted by NotaStalker (172 posts) -

maybe. definately the only funny one I ever heard

#4 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -
  




  
Metal Gear Solid 3 Credits - Way to Fall by Star Sailor
Max Payne Credits + several times throughout the game - Late Goodbye by Poets of the Fall
#5 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -
Zombi said:
"Best song ever? Maybe. Definitely the catchiest.
"
yeah I wish I hadnt read this now its going through my head like hell XD
#6 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

Yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and put this on repeat for about an hour.

#7 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

It is a pretty clever song to have at the end credits.

#8 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

The two songs I posted are awesome, better "songs" than Still Alive.

Still alive isn't really a good song unless you had the game portal for context. As an extention of the game, it's the best, but I find the other two to be musically superior.

#9 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
adam_grif said:
"The two songs I posted are awesome, better "songs" than Still Alive.

Still alive isn't really a good song unless you had the game portal for context. As an extention of the game, it's the best, but I find the other two to be musically superior.
"
And educated opinion, i think i agree with you on the musical aspect. In terms of lyrics however i really do find Still Alive superior to many modern day songs from bands.
#10 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

The boss music from FFVII is greater than everything.

#11 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -
Hamz said:
"adam_grif said:
"The two songs I posted are awesome, better "songs" than Still Alive.

Still alive isn't really a good song unless you had the game portal for context. As an extention of the game, it's the best, but I find the other two to be musically superior.
"
And educated opinion, i think i agree with you on the musical aspect. In terms of lyrics however i really do find Still Alive superior to many modern day songs from bands.
"
The lyrics are witty, but again, only in the context of the game itself. The other two can very much stand alone.

But I do enjoy myself some Still Alive. I got orange box on steam, had it preloaded when it came out. Finished it day one, downloaded the song the next day when I found it online, listened to it on repeat 20 times or so.
#12 Posted by BxGT (72 posts) -

Simple and clean from kingdom hearts was pretty good, even tho it made no sense.

#13 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
adam_grif said:
"Hamz said:
"adam_grif said:
"The two songs I posted are awesome, better "songs" than Still Alive.

Still alive isn't really a good song unless you had the game portal for context. As an extention of the game, it's the best, but I find the other two to be musically superior.
"
And educated opinion, i think i agree with you on the musical aspect. In terms of lyrics however i really do find Still Alive superior to many modern day songs from bands.
"
The lyrics are witty, but again, only in the context of the game itself. The other two can very much stand alone.

But I do enjoy myself some Still Alive. I got orange box on steam, had it preloaded when it came out. Finished it day one, downloaded the song the next day when I found it online, listened to it on repeat 20 times or so.
"
lol ditto, i remember a group of us Gamespot users started a community just to use the chat room function and discuss our excitement for the Orange Box just hours before its release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.