Make your own portals...sorta...

#1 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

So simple i hate myself for not coming up with it... 
So i found this on stumble upon and just had to share it with you guys as i thought it was badass as shit. The guy seems to have just gotten two oval mirrors and attached some rope lighting to the back. Simple and genius.

Gotta admit, i'm fairly tempted to try this!

Heres the link.
#2 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

What worthless portal placing. How does that solve anything? Oh, I need to get to the other side of my wall, you know what'll make that go by faster? Walking into the portal right next to it.

Now if that were me, I'd place the other portal outside my dorm by firing it from my window; save myself the hassle of walking down and upstairs everyday.
#3 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -

That's pretty cool.

#4 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -
@SlashseveN303 said:
" What worthless portal placing. How does that solve anything? Oh, I need to get to the other side of my wall, you know what'll make that go by faster? Walking into the portal right next to it.
Now if that were me, I'd place the other portal outside my dorm by firing it from my window; save myself the hassle of walking down and upstairs everyday.
"
Your logic is superior sir and i bow down to it in earnest.
#5 Posted by dudeglove (8270 posts) -
@SlashseveN303 said:
" What worthless portal placing. How does that solve anything? Oh, I need to get to the other side of my wall, you know what'll make that go by faster? Walking into the portal right next to it.
"
I can see snooze button applications.
#6 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@jadeskye: I try my best for the sake of great justice.
#7 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Why are these not placed on opposite walls facing each other, so that they reflect the others contents and further cement the illusion that these are actually portals and not just mirrors?

Why am I posting on Giant Bomb at 3 AM?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.