Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

A first-person puzzle game developed by Valve and graduates of DigiPen, Portal forces a human test subject to run a gauntlet of grueling spatial experiments administered by a malfunctioning, psychotic artificial intelligence named GLaDOS.

I'll try my best not to make Portal references in this post.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

I finally got around to playing Portal. Before you say anything, yes, it's really crazy that I haven't played Portal yet up until now, and I feel bad for that. I'm sorry. Now put the gun away. 

It's worth mentioning that I played this on the Playstation Triple. Not the best way, but it gets the job done. The load times are a bit longer than they should be, since I installed the damn game onto my hard drive. Also, the frame rate is not so consistent. Other than that, it's fine. 

This is primarily a puzzle game, and a satisfying one at that. The mechanics are fun to work with. Starts out simple, and gets complicated as you progress. All the things you learned are key to solving puzzles in the last levels. I have to admit, I'm not a very bright person, but whenever I solved a hard problem, I felt like a smart ass. 

And other thing I really love about the game is the humor. The humor is pretty dark, so if you're into that kind of stuff, like me, then you love it. GlaDOS is also awesome. Maybe not as an IRC bot, but as a game character that you never meet, she's lovely.  

Well, I'm kind of lost for words now. If you are at all interested in Portal, you have already heard these things a million times. Hell, if you were interested in it you would have already have played it by now. So I'll just say this. I played Portal, and it was fucking awesome.  

And now I leave you with this, my friends. 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I finally got around to playing Portal. Before you say anything, yes, it's really crazy that I haven't played Portal yet up until now, and I feel bad for that. I'm sorry. Now put the gun away. 

It's worth mentioning that I played this on the Playstation Triple. Not the best way, but it gets the job done. The load times are a bit longer than they should be, since I installed the damn game onto my hard drive. Also, the frame rate is not so consistent. Other than that, it's fine. 

This is primarily a puzzle game, and a satisfying one at that. The mechanics are fun to work with. Starts out simple, and gets complicated as you progress. All the things you learned are key to solving puzzles in the last levels. I have to admit, I'm not a very bright person, but whenever I solved a hard problem, I felt like a smart ass. 

And other thing I really love about the game is the humor. The humor is pretty dark, so if you're into that kind of stuff, like me, then you love it. GlaDOS is also awesome. Maybe not as an IRC bot, but as a game character that you never meet, she's lovely.  

Well, I'm kind of lost for words now. If you are at all interested in Portal, you have already heard these things a million times. Hell, if you were interested in it you would have already have played it by now. So I'll just say this. I played Portal, and it was fucking awesome.  

And now I leave you with this, my friends. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

You failed. : - P You made a Portal reference.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

i have the orange box and to be honest i only played Portal once.  

maybe i should get back into it.. but PS3 long loading times after 2 levels pisses me off and really kills the mood 

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

Just promise me that you'll punch anyone in the face who says "the cake is a lie" and we're square.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

So Sunny, do you know where the cake is?

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TimeWaffle

i just played portal again a little earlier this week and i think it loses some of it's charm when you know all of solutions to the levels and i beat it in like an hour

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " So Sunny, do you know where the cake is? "
    I like the way you think.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    " So Sunny, do you know where the cake is? "
    I like the way you think. "
    Hmm? I've no idea what you're talking about!

I remember something. Oh what was it again? The cake is a...Pie? I'm not so sure, help me here Sunny. You just played it, right?
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @eroticfishcake: Must resist....oh fuck it. 

THE CAKE IS A LIE 
    THE CAKE IS A LIE 
    THE CAKE IS A LIE 
    THE CAKE IS A LIE 
    THE CAKE IS A LIE
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By sjschmidt93

Portal is an amazing game.

Should've played it on PC or atleast the 360 though, PS3 desn't get DLC.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @SJSchmidt93: I only rented it, so DLC would be pointless.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake

:D

I must aggrevate people more often.

Like Schmidt said, get it for the PC at least if you ever plan on buying it since you can play with a few mods and maps made by the community. Some of them are excellent.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @eroticfishcake: Must resist....oh fuck it.  THE CAKE IS A LIE THE CAKE IS A LIE THE CAKE IS A LIE THE CAKE IS A LIE THE CAKE IS A LIE "
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...............

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.