Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

A first-person puzzle game developed by Valve and graduates of DigiPen, Portal forces a human test subject to run a gauntlet of grueling spatial experiments administered by a malfunctioning, psychotic artificial intelligence named GLaDOS.

Was it really a lie? *SPOILERS*

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AlwaysAngry

So I just beat this game (the Still Alive version on the Xbox Live Marketplace,) and I have one question: Was GLaDOS telling the truth the entire game? I mean, at the very end, she said there was cake and that the Companion Cube was there too...AND IT WAS! So does that mean that she was telling the truth the entire game? I mean, if you did just give up at the fire pit, would there really be a counselor to guide you to the party!? I'm a little confused, but all I know is that this was a great game. Hilarious too, especially from the escape to the ending. I was also happy to find out that the Companion Cube was alive!

And by give up at the fire pit, I mean give up right after you escape the fire...when it tells you to give up...not actually go into the fire. I guess people forgot about that... ?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " So I just beat this game (the Still Alive version on the Xbox Live Marketplace,) and I have one question: Was GLaDOS telling the truth the entire game? I mean, at the very end, she said there was cake and that the Companion Cube was there too...AND IT WAS! So does that mean that she was telling the truth the entire game? I mean, if you did just give up at the fire pit, would there really be a counselor to guide you to the party!? I'm a little confused, but all I know is that this was a great game. Hilarious too, especially from the escape to the ending. "
    Usually people don't force you into a pit of fire before they congratulate you.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By sjschmidt93

If you "give up" at the fire pit you go into it and die. Then reload at the last save.

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By masterherocard

If by counselor you mean a terrible burning sensation and by party you mean the great bingo game in the sky, then sure, GLaDOS said no lies.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane

Only portal 2 will tell us... 

Although, i'm willing to believe it was all true. Including the fact that 'she' was trying to kill you.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " If you "give up" at the fire pit you go into it and die. Then reload at the next checkpoint. "
    No, after you portal right up to the top they she says, "I was only joking about the trying to murder you part. Put the portal gun down and lay on your stomach with your arms at your side and you will be greeted with a counselor who will guide you to the party."  

Was that the truth?
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " If you "give up" at the fire pit you go into it and die. Then reload at the next checkpoint. "
    No, after you portal right up to the top they she says, "I was only joking about the trying to murder you part. Put the portal gun down and lay on your stomach with your arms at your side and you will be greeted with a counselor who will guide you to the party."    Was that the truth? "
    I don't know. It's been so long since I played that game.
    masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By masterherocard
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    No, after you portal right up to the top they she says, "I was only joking about the trying to murder you part. Put the portal gun down and lay on your stomach with your arms at your side and you will be greeted with a counselor who will guide you to the party."    Was that the truth? "

Well, she was KINDA being truthful... 
    WHich ending does the 360 version have?
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @masterherocard said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    Well, she was KINDA being truthful... WHich ending does the 360 version have? "
    Same ending. Same everything.
    masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By masterherocard
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @masterherocard said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    Well, she was KINDA being truthful... WHich ending does the 360 version have? "
    Same ending. Same everything. "

So you still crash at the end, then get dragged off by a robot?
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I trust GLaDOS.  I'm just going to assume that everything, including the trying to kill you, was part of the testing.  She wouldn't betray me like that... unless it was required for proper testing, of course.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By sean2206

I just finished portal, the still alive  XBLA version yesterday and from what I remember the ending wasnt updated GLaDOS exploded you fell and roll credits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.