Hopefully GB quicklooks this

#1 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
#2 Edited by DonPixel (2605 posts) -

" It looks, sounds, and performs like a bad Source engine mod, and it is without a doubt one of the most broken games I've ever played " wow that's rough, Quicklook required.

"Jokes" abound -- most of them homophobic, racist, sexist, and probably some other -ists I don't know about. Add appearances by every sleazy Z-list "celebrity" from Ron Jeremy to Uwe Boll and a poor attempt at a grindhouse aesthetic to the mix "

Is stupid they keep doing that, Considering "minorities" are a huge chunk of the market nowadays starting with females.

#3 Posted by Subjugation (4734 posts) -

Something tells me Alex may have the "pleasure" of reviewing this, if anyone at all. Granted a quicklook tearing the game apart could be entertaining.

#4 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Uwe Boll would be proud.

#5 Edited by CptBedlam (4455 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

"Jokes" abound -- most of them homophobic, racist, sexist, and probably some other -ists I don't know about. Add appearances by every sleazy Z-list "celebrity" from Ron Jeremy to Uwe Boll and a poor attempt at a grindhouse aesthetic to the mix "

Sounds like Jeff might like it. Does it also have explosions?

#6 Edited by OtakuGamer (1283 posts) -

Does anyone know when are they due back?

#7 Posted by Mikemcn (7012 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@DonPixel said:

Jeff wouldn't enjoy that, he's all class, except when it comes to Possum based sex violence dreams

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Postal 2 was the ultimate proof that broken & shitty looking/sounding does NOT make it a bad game. 

Games can serve many purposes, one of them is pure crazy 'lets try this and see what happens!' fun, but thanks to Bioware it's fucking forbidden to have that today.

#9 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

Wish I could fine Robet Coffey's Postal 2 review for CGW.

#10 Posted by groin (854 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Postal 2 was the ultimate proof that broken & shitty looking/sounding does NOT make it a bad game. Games can serve many purposes, one of them is pure crazy 'lets try this and see what happens!' fun, but thanks to Bioware it's fucking forbidden to have that today.

Doctor Ahmad Metallic, can you elaborate on the Bioware comment? I was not aware that Bioware could veto any game that was 'pure crazy'. Also, why did you switch your avatar to Doctor Adam Jensen? Deux Ex: HR is a console game by your defnition and you criticized it earlier this year on the http://www.giantbomb.com forums.

#11 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I dunno about you guys, but I thought Postal 2 was really fun. Postal 3, i'm not too sure about.

#12 Posted by kmg90 (422 posts) -

i've played worse games than postal 3, its not groundbreakingly innovated but thats not what RWS ever sets out to do. To say its a bad source engine mod is a tad harsh since i've played my share of bad source mods (*cough* Kuma Games *cough*)

I found the open areas that had random bystanders/pedestrians in levels kinda impressive, i've never seen that in a source engine before.

#13 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@DonPixel said:

That depends. Does it have generic shooting, driving and enemies while giving you the BFG9000 in the tutorial?

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

Sounds like worst game of the year 2012 might have an early contender, not that anyone should have expected any differently. The sad thing is that, like Duke Nukem Forever, this game will still sell. Not as much, but still.

#15 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I hope they don't give any attention to this pile of trash. It doesn't deserve to be given any attention to. It's a sad attempt at some form of comedy that usually targets the lowest of the low. Add as much sex jokes and Bin Laden jokes into it, if you have a crappy playing game, then it doesn't matter. It's an attempt at polishing a smelly turd, so no I'd rather it be put under the rug and forgotten by everyone.

#16 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -

I sure hope that they do. haha.

#17 Posted by AngeTheDude (700 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Bin Ladden jokes

LADDEN 2012

#18 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

Didn't Ryan say he bought it?

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@groin said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Postal 2 was the ultimate proof that broken & shitty looking/sounding does NOT make it a bad game. Games can serve many purposes, one of them is pure crazy 'lets try this and see what happens!' fun, but thanks to Bioware it's fucking forbidden to have that today.

Doctor Ahmad Metallic, can you elaborate on the Bioware comment? I was not aware that Bioware could veto any game that was 'pure crazy'. Also, why did you switch your avatar to Doctor Adam Jensen? Deux Ex: HR is a console game by your defnition and you criticized it earlier this year on the http://www.giantbomb.com forums.

Professor groin, it's been a while! What I meant was that technical and aesthetic quality has become an obligatory thing for people to even consider playing a game, and the 'flagship' studio for that is Bioware because of their high quality games. 
Sure, quality is great, but the lack of it does NOT make a game unfun or unworthy. 

Deus Ex 3 proved to be a great game on the PC so I changed my mind :)
#20 Posted by Lazyaza (2206 posts) -

I would love to see a quicklook of postal 3, just like the last leasuire suit larry game and duke it'll make for one special quicklook.

#21 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena said:

He most certainly did. I can't remember where, but... Unless it was some kind of collective fever dream, I totally remember him saying this.

I think it may have been during the Nostalgiafest?

#22 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

@cstrang said:

@GorillaMoPena said:

He most certainly did. I can't remember where, but... Unless it was some kind of collective fever dream, I totally remember him saying this.

I think it may have been during the Nostalgiafest?

It must have been. That or collective fever dream. OH GOD IS RYAN IN MY BRAIN

#23 Edited by IAmNotBatman (658 posts) -

On the main page I have just seen that they will do a QL of it tommorow! (for me later today)

#24 Posted by WhyBeAre (73 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman said:

On the main page I have just seen that they will do a QL of it tommorow! (for me later today)

January 4th at 6 AM GiantBomb time you mean, saying it that way just confused me.

But I remeber him saying he had it, definitely on the nostalgiafest and I think in the later half of it.

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6637 posts) -

Can't wait. A friend of mine who loved Postal 2 says it's basically a broken, poorly designed mess. (yes, a guy who loved POSTAL "THIS GAME DOES NOT WORK LIKE GAMES SHOULD WORK" TWO said this, so that should say something) All of my favorite QLs are for the most awful games.

#26 Posted by IAmNotBatman (658 posts) -

@WhyBeAre: It says 2pm for me.

#27 Posted by WhyBeAre (73 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman: It might change based on your location, I said "GiantBomb time" in reference to the timezone that I think is local to GiantBomb (Although it may be wrong still).

#28 Posted by CornBREDX (5845 posts) -

This basically starts to nail it for me: 

Character interaction is basically non-existent, and there is (as of now) no functional free-roam option. It's a far cry from Postal 2's ambitious, though incredibly flawed, focus on openness. A step back instead of a step forward. 

I suspect this game is really bad. And not in the way Postal 2 was bad but still kinda fun. Bad in a way that makes me kinda sad.  
I shouldn't be surprised, and yet I am.
#29 Posted by IAmNotBatman (658 posts) -

@WhyBeAre: Affirmative.

#30 Posted by VeRKK (97 posts) -

It was scheduled to have a Quicklook today (4/1) but they removed it for some reason =/

#31 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Just noticed it vanished too, listening to the Bombcast made me think perhaps they thought it wasn't entertaining enough maybe?

#32 Posted by IAmNotBatman (658 posts) -

The game has alot of problems so I would assume that they had technical difficulties of some kind.

#33 Posted by emem (1972 posts) -

I actually prepared my lunch to be ready when the QL was supposed to come out... :/

#34 Posted by AnotherSomebody (159 posts) -

@emem: Same here. I was sorely disappointed. It sucks because they set a time and everything, which I planned for, and then...nothing. It makes me think they either ran into some sort of technical difficulty or suddenly came to the conclusion that the content was just not entertaining. I started watching BBC's "Sherlock" instead though, as I saw that article on Kotaku yesterday and it looked really interesting, and I must say they were right. I've only watched one (90 minute) episode, but I think I can safely say I'm hooked!

#35 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1805 posts) -

The fact that there is no new ER episode leads me to believe they ran into a technical SNAFU.

#36 Posted by emem (1972 posts) -
@AnotherSomebody: I love that show, it's fantastic.
#37 Posted by Owlhead (154 posts) -

Awww man.... Has there been any word from the staff yet as to what happened?

#38 Posted by ThePickle (4191 posts) -

Yeah... what happened? I was really looking forward to it.

#39 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -

Man, this game looks absolutely horrible, judging from the QL :-S

#40 Posted by Subjugation (4734 posts) -

Man, it was even more horrible than I had anticipated ... and I anticipated some serious levels of horrible. It is like an even worse version of Duke Nukem Forever.

#41 Posted by Narx (175 posts) -

Best 2005 game of 2012!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.