Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PowerGig: Rise of the SixString

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Play a guitar controller with real strings in this rhythm game from Seven45 Studios.

New Rhythm Game Uses Real Guitar

• 113 results
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By LiquidPrince

Finally.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By MrKlorox

Fucking took long enough. Disney had that advanced note recognition software at E3 like three years ago and haven't done anything with it.

I want to see a brawler style game use this.

CPU64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By CPU64

These guys are just a bit LATE. 
    I've been using a real guitar with strings and all since Guitar Hero 2. You could say the idea for this new game controller, was taken right out of my build. LOL 

Oh, and where's the whammy bar? I don't see one. Oh snap, my guitar has a working whammy bar PWN3D ^_^

Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Lepuke

If I can plug my own personal guitars (ESP Viper 400 and a Charvel Model 4)  into it... Sold!!!

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @Lepuke said:
    " If I can plug my own personal guitars (ESP Viper 400 and a Charvel Model 4)  into it... Sold!!! "
    Most likely your brand hasn't given capability for a game.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By guiseppe

Pff, you owe the bass players of the world a great deal! Just think of music without it!

Anyway, wouldn't this be a very expensive package if it is actually bundled with a real guitar?

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By Tordah

I already play guitar so it would be pretty awesome if a game could actually mimic the real thing. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, though. Also, I bet that guitar will be really expensive.

Fuzz_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Fuzz_Butt
    @ChrisTaran said:

" @wackojackman said:

" @zudthespud: ah fair enough should have read it a bit more carefully... but for me if i was buying a real guitar, i would not consider this... kinda thinking about the market... and who would go for this...  "

People who want to learn guitar on their own, but find learning without any assistance to be impossible and don't have the time and money to take real lessons (i.e. me). "
    If you have the time to play this game and the money to spend on it, then can't use that excuse. In the end you're gonna end learning how to hold the guitar, the pick, proper hand positions, and dealing with out of tuned strings and building calluses on your fingers, with or without this game. These are some of the reasons Guitar Hero and Rock Band are so popular, because the players don't have to deal with any  of what I mentioned and they:
     " find learning without any assistance to be impossible and don't have the time and money to take real lessons (i.e. you)."
    erikj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By erikj

wow, this would be the only rock band like game I'd respect

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By wackojackman
    @Fuzz_Butt: haha yeah was just gunna say... if you are using the excuse that you don't have time or money to really learn guitar then you cannot play this game, i can see the attraction to this... but i play guitar and never got lessons... few great guitarists never took lessons either. 
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#111  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @Fuzz_Butt said:

" @ChrisTaran said:

" @wackojackman said:

" @zudthespud: ah fair enough should have read it a bit more carefully... but for me if i was buying a real guitar, i would not consider this... kinda thinking about the market... and who would go for this...  "

People who want to learn guitar on their own, but find learning without any assistance to be impossible and don't have the time and money to take real lessons (i.e. me). "
    If you have the time to play this game and the money to spend on it, then can't use that excuse. In the end you're gonna end learning how to hold the guitar, the pick, proper hand positions, and dealing with out of tuned strings and building calluses on your fingers, with or without this game. These are some of the reasons Guitar Hero and Rock Band are so popular, because the players don't have to deal with any  of what I mentioned and they:  " find learning without any assistance to be impossible and don't have the time and money to take real lessons (i.e. you)." "
    I might have time to play this game at 10PM or 3AM.  No lessons exist at that time.  And lessons are very expensive and a reaccuring cost.  this is a one time cost and unless it's over $250, should be reasonable for what you're getting.  

" In the end you're gonna end learning how to hold the guitar, the pick, proper hand positions, and dealing with out of tuned strings and building calluses on your fingers, with or without this game." -- None of those things I have a problem with, none of those things are keeping from learning a real guitar. Having to leave my house for lessons however is probably the single largest reason why I do not want to take lessons.

And I'm not sure how you can tell me what I am or am not interested in.  I'm interested in this, I have no interest in going somewhere to learn from some overpriced place that I would have to change my work schedule around in order to attend.

I will buy this, you can stick to your thing. 
    Fuzz_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Fuzz_Butt
    @ChrisTaran said:
    " @Fuzz_Butt said:

" @ChrisTaran said:

" @wackojackman said:

If you have the time to play this game and the money to spend on it, then can't use that excuse. In the end you're gonna end learning how to hold the guitar, the pick, proper hand positions, and dealing with out of tuned strings and building calluses on your fingers, with or without this game. These are some of the reasons Guitar Hero and Rock Band are so popular, because the players don't have to deal with any  of what I mentioned and they:  " find learning without any assistance to be impossible and don't have the time and money to take real lessons (i.e. you)." "
    I might have time to play this game at 10PM or 3AM.  No lessons exist at that time.  And lessons are very expensive and a reaccuring cost.  this is a one time cost and unless it's over $250, should be reasonable for what you're getting.  

" In the end you're gonna end learning how to hold the guitar, the pick, proper hand positions, and dealing with out of tuned strings and building calluses on your fingers, with or without this game." -- None of those things I have a problem with, none of those things are keeping from learning a real guitar. Having to leave my house for lessons however is probably the single largest reason why I do not want to take lessons.

And I'm not sure how you can tell me what I am or am not interested in.  I'm interested in this, I have no interest in going somewhere to learn from some overpriced place that I would have to change my work schedule around in order to attend.  I will buy this, you can stick to your thing.  "
    Well to be honest, I don't take lessons, but really you don't need a game to teach you to play guitar. Like any game, you'll be rewarded for achieving something but isn't learning a few chords, a scale, a riff, maybe even a whole song on your own enough to not need some GUI to reward you for it? About the lessons: alright I understand you don't have time but is there any difference between learning on your own by means of looking up free lessons online (for example) and playing a game that will show you the same things?
    Whatever floats your boat I guess, but people should reconsider where their money goes and even if you can plug that little guitar into an amp, I bet it will sound like ass.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By RHCPfan24

That looks very interesting. I cannot wait to see where they are going with this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.