Bethesda Announces Prey 2 For Release In 2012

• 88 results
#51 Posted by Crash_Happy (637 posts) -

Huh. I didn't think Prey had done that well.

#52 Posted by Coldbrand (215 posts) -

Is that cover real? They're really making it generic COD shit? Fuck that series to Hell already.

#53 Posted by SkinnyBlue (320 posts) -

Prey was alright...but I wasn't really pumped for a sequel.
#54 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

I never got far enough to beat the game as I simply lost interest but if Prey 2 is utilizing the id tech 5 and looks gorgeous then I'll give the sequel a go. Already sounds awesome being on an open alien world.

#55 Posted by Getz (2955 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" NATIVE AMERICAN BLACK OPS WITH PUSSY GATES "
I would play that.
#56 Edited by xyzygy (9637 posts) -

Gotta love how people are already getting ideas about this game from one magazine picture of a man with some guns. This just in: Prey 2 has guns. 

Seriously though I loved the first game and this news is great.

#57 Posted by Hangnail (191 posts) -

"...but if this indeed a true sequel to 2006’s Prey, expect to see a lot of brown tones..."

I'm sorry but we clearly didn't play the same game, Prey's environments, despite lacking any preset color schemes, had plenty variation when it came to color tones.

Also, so glad Human Head were tapped back to develop the sequel. 'Prey' was an absolute gem of an experience and for me was one of the few reasons to remember this generation of games by...

#58 Posted by TheMoD (123 posts) -

Sweet I hope prey maintains it's old school feel! But yeah I really don't see them turning this into a cover based shooter or anything
#59 Posted by Xtacles (44 posts) -
@Mento:  I lol'd
#60 Posted by Thevamp25 (217 posts) -

first Darkness 2 now Prey 2, are all my favorite games getting sequels now?

#61 Posted by itswrong2bfrench (21 posts) -

The first Prey is fucking awesome, but that Prey 2 cover... uhg.

#62 Posted by Dudacles (1435 posts) -

That's cool. While the original Prey felt very antiquated when I played it a couple of months ago, I thought it had some pretty good potential. Then again, I did also feel that the game's strong opening sets a bar it is never matched by any moment after that in the whole game. Here's hoping Prey 2 is good, I have wondered what has happened to the main character (Jackie?) after the sort of cliffhangery end of the game.

#63 Posted by buckybit (1460 posts) -
  • I want idsoftware's tech & Bethesda game design having steamy sex together.

• would love Fallout 4 or Skyrim with id tech 5 (I call them Carmack-engines, btw). 

• the real news here is: "stick to what you got!" 

• old IP's are still more profitable and less risky. Not my choice. I don't care about Prey 2.  
#64 Posted by ArcLyte (870 posts) -

can't wait. fuckin loved prey on the pc.

#65 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I loved PREY. The multiplayer was totally sick, and it did a lot of cool things with level design. Anyone who didn't like PREY was probably a goof. Also mad props to Human Head for getting another gig. After this I hope we get a sequel to RUNE. Just thinking about it makes me hard as a rock!

#66 Posted by hyperslug (180 posts) -

I really liked Prey

#67 Posted by Echo (391 posts) -

Wow. Didn't see that one coming. I was just thinking the other week about what happened to a Prey sequel.

#68 Posted by Hef (1084 posts) -

WHY DOES THIS GAME EXIST?

#69 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -
@dvorak:  
The fake Art Bell parts were amazing. It was exactly what I would imagine him doing if there really was an alien invasion: staying on the air till the very end. Even now that he's off the radio, I'd bet he would come back just for that broadcast.
#70 Posted by dvorak (1495 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind, they should just hand the mic over to Art and let him send us home with his dulcet tones and quick wit.
#71 Posted by Tordah (2461 posts) -

Really enjoyed the first Prey so I'm glad we're getting a sequel to it.

#72 Posted by MisterMouse (3531 posts) -

I am sitting here and I cannot remember prey for the life of me....

#73 Posted by Lazyaza (2137 posts) -

I remember really enjoying Prey but I'm going to assume the sequel will be made to be more like modern shooters and thus be shit.

#74 Posted by EveryNobody (36 posts) -

People are really down on Prey for some reason. I remember it being a great game with some fantastic level design and some really cool sweeping shots that at the time were really amazing to me.

#75 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

Shit yeah.

#76 Posted by Kinggi (269 posts) -

Glad to hear Human Head is back on this one. I enjoyed the original. Hope this can live up to full potential.

#77 Edited by NegativeCero (2928 posts) -

My knowledge of Prey begins and ends with the term spirit walking. At least I think that's this game. 

Also, vagina doors.

#78 Posted by JEC03 (892 posts) -

Prey has one of my favorite beginnings in any game I mean being in a bar at a reservation while a ufo sucks you up into it while don't fear the reaper plays in the background pretty epic.

#79 Posted by tourgen (4252 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
well hell, just come out and say it straight why don't you
#80 Posted by bjorno (1409 posts) -

RUNE 2 PLEASE

#81 Posted by MechaDestroyer (40 posts) -

Prey was actually a pretty decent game, nothing spectacular, but a sequel could be worth a weekend rental.

#82 Posted by UncleThursday (16 posts) -

Was the first one really good enough to warrant a sequel? I didn't think so.

#83 Posted by HatKing (5571 posts) -

I'm begining to wonder if anybody on this website has actually seen a vagina.
#84 Posted by awesomeusername (4059 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:
" @wolf_blitzer85 said:
"
 More Glory
"
yum "
Looks like a vagina with after-period stains.
#85 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" I loved PREY. The multiplayer was totally sick, and it did a lot of cool things with level design. Anyone who didn't like PREY was probably a goof. Also mad props to Human Head for getting another gig. After this I hope we get a sequel to RUNE. Just thinking about it makes me hard as a rock! "
It was ugly, controlled poorly, ran poorly on consoles, and had some pretty dumb designs. Uninspired in a lot of ways. It was entertaining enough with nothing better to play, but nothing really special.
#86 Posted by Nasar7 (2500 posts) -
@tourgen said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
well hell, just come out and say it straight why don't you "
Sounds good to me.
#87 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

I enjoyed the first Prey, but I really wasn't hankering for a sequel to it at all. I don't know though, maybe it could be good.
#88 Posted by uvschism (45 posts) -

"Tommy.."

#89 Posted by mewarmo990 (821 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
Sign me up! I haven't seen a giant pulsating anus since my Natural Selection days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.