Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Prey 2 was the follow-up to Human Head's first-person shooter Prey. Bethesda confirmed the game's cancelation on October 30, 2014.

Bethesda Says Prey 2 Isn't Canceled, Also Isn't Coming Out This Year

• 158 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64280fd4d64aa
    deactivated-64280fd4d64aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Never played the original, but this one has got my attention.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By yukoasho
    Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Roger778

Prey 2 was one of my most anticipated games this year. I saw the E3 Demo last year, and I thought it looked like a very ambitious and exciting shooter game.

I guess I should be thankful that the game hasn't been cancelled, just delayed to next year.

Andy_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By Andy_117

@jakkblades said:

Did you play it?

I did indeed play it. I picked it up for a paltry $50 alongside every other id game ever made in the recent Steam Christmas sale. And I still feel slightly ripped off. The PC version, despite being mostly working now, still lacks anything resembling a proper graphics settings screen, and still suffers from horrendous pop-in on ATi cards, even with the latest patches and drivers. The game itself was merely average. The animation was impressive, but suffered from uncanny valley-ness due to the fact that all of the major quest-giving NPCs seemed to be nailed to the goddamn floor. That took me way out of it.

At the end of the day, it just didn't have the quality or run-and-gun-fun I'd expect from an id game. They obviously tried as hard as they could to bring their expertise to a "modern" shooter, but it ended up being a slightly frustrating mess of old and new sensibilities instead. Really, player speed increased a bit, enemies given less health, you'd have a great id shooter. As it stands, its a slow-paced shooter with the level design of a fast-paced shooter. Also, I will not forgive the game for expecting me to quicksave in absence of a proper auto-save system. ...I don't like killing a boss, only to be blindsided by a grunt's shotgun shell and then being reverted to my last save at the beginning of the entire level. That's just... that's just silly.

Yeah, I'd say it deserves the ire it gets. Mostly. It was actually a competent shooter, it just didn't live up to the hype. I guess you could say... it made people... rage.

Aharharhar.

GaistHeidegger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By GaistHeidegger

Got to agree that it's just bizarre to even keep this in with the Prey franchise. Better sales, but ehh, Prey wasn't spectacular.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By senorfuzzeh

I am really glad this game isn't cancelled. Back when I made my top games I was excited for this year Prey 2 was like number 5.

Hopefully it'll be better now than even before!

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By mewarmo990

What's so mean about it?

"The game isn't done, so we're delaying it until it's better."

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By blueinferno

Good. No need to rush it. Lots of other games coming out in the mean time.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Hopefully they have recognized the potential they have on their hands and they now want to make this game to its fullest potential.

Quint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#162  Edited By Quint

Good news! This one of the few original looking shooters on the horizon.

jontz71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By jontz71

@alex: hey guys, forgive me if this is the wrong spot for this question. i am a 3d artist. not a gamer but love to design game cinematic art in 3d. the firm "blur.com" did a cinematic for "Prey 2". At the very end of the trailer there is a Crab like creature with big fangs and sci fi armour.

i'd like to do some tribute 3d art and design a character like this. could anyone tell me what he's called so i can google reference images ?

http://www.blur.com/work/project/prey-2/

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By noval

@jontz71:

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not sure it has a name. Prey 2 was pretty much completely scrapped and the Prey game that came out this year is basically a complete reboot that just shares the name. The thing at the end of the trailer might be the only stuff that exists publicly. Maybe there was something else released somewhere but there wasn't a lot of media on Prey 2 before it got canned. Chances are probably not great but maybe someone at Blur has something on a hard drive somewhere and would be allowed to share it, seeing as the stuff in the trailer was never turned into a commercial product, might not hurt to send an email?

Resurrecting a 5 year old thread is probably not the best place to ask this though :P

NathanCheever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By NathanCheever
    • He was called a "Brute"
    • The bounty being chased and his guards were "Ceros"
    • The alien who knocks out Killian in the beginning was called a "Majar Et"
    • The glowing egghead aliens were called "Mimeren"
    • The female alien with swept back hair-tentacles was called an "Atling"

And all of these as well as some other aliens were running around in the game animated and AI-reacting. You can find more info on the Game FAQ page of this fansite: http://www.aliennoire.com/home/game/game-faq/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.