Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Prey 2 was the follow-up to Human Head's first-person shooter Prey. Bethesda confirmed the game's cancelation on October 30, 2014.

Confirmed: Not being made by Arkane, I guess?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Prey 2 development has not been been handed off to Dishonored developer Arkane Studios, as previously rumored, and the delays faced by the project come down to the simple matter of quality, Bethesda has confirmed.

Bethesda marketing and PR boss Pete Hines told Rock, Paper, Shotgun emphatically that Arkane is working on an unrelated project and has not assumed development of Prey 2, as was reported back in May. "No," he stated simply when questioned at QuakeCon. "All of that stuff, I have no idea where it came from. The Human Head Prey 2 thing is the Human Head Prey 2 thing. Arkane is over here, and they're doing their thing, and that's for them to work on. We'll be ready to talk about what they're working on when it gets closer to release." ..

The line about Prey 2's quality is what Bethesda has been saying for some time now. During E3, IGN spoke with Hines and he claimed that Bethesda was even more unhappy with the situation than fans were, but that isn't going to force it into releasing a subpar game. "We're not going to just proceed blindly with something that isn't good enough. We've been very specific about why, and we've been very specific about the whats. When that gets addressed and changed or whatever, at that point we can give an update.

"But nobody's disappointment is greater than ours. We spent a lot of time and money and effort trying to make this thing happen and support folks, but at the same time, you just can't keep throwing money at it and saying, 'sure, it'll eventually work.' You have to have the discipline to say, 'it's not good enough. It's not hitting the quality bar. Why isn't it? We've been at this for a while, and what we have is not what we talked about.' So that's where we are." ..

No Caption Provided

IGN: Bethesda: Arkane is Not Involved in Prey 2

Well, if they would only tighten up the graphics on level three..

But yea, those graphics look alright. They remind me of Batman: Arkham a bit. I don't really know if that's a good thing. Maybe these are from the current-gen version, but now everyone is jumping on next-gen now. But, I bet Human Head can do Prey 2 just fine. Although that Arkane rumor about how it was supposed to be a spiritual successor to System Shock 2 was pretty weird, if not cool.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i believe human head was the original people doing prey 2 in the first place.

and i also believe this is only coming out on current gen

funny you say it looks like arkham, that's kind of a compliment to the game as last they were saying is the game is using id tech 4 (think quake 4 for reference)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Graphics aren't everything brah.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

I can respect their reasoning.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Prey 2 is never coming out.

Never ever.

Ever.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@rebgav said:

Prey 2 is never coming out.

Never ever.

Ever.

Isn't that what people said about the first Prey?

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I thought they said that one shouldn't come out? :p

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@theht said:

I can respect their reasoning.

I can too, but it sounds more like Bethesda's having to step in and get the game done. Hopefully it turns out well.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Fearbeard

Hopefully they are working on Dishonored 2 for next gen systems.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what was wrong with it, it couldn't be bugs it's a bethesda game. Game play looked great back when it was still freshly revealed, probably wouldn't hold up after other games have come out with similar gameplay.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

I will believe that Prey 2 is coming out when I have Prey 2 in my hands.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Should I play the first one? I watched....most of the game as a buddy tried to run through it and a friend kept lying to him about how much he had left. But left about 2/3 of the way through it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.