Nathan Cheever tweets Prey 2 "only in Limbo"

#1 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3511 posts) -

Nathan Cheever's twitter here. The most recent post on the Prey 2 forums is 5 months ago, so I hope no one holds it against me for opening a new topic. Anyways, as somebody who's super duper excited about this game, I'm happy to hear any good (uh, neutral?) news. Seems obvious that if and when Prey 2 ships it'll be next generation.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

Seems obvious that if and when Prey 2 ships it'll be next generation.

Calling it now: Prey 2 will be picked up by a dying Zynga in a desperate attempt to stay solvent.

#3 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

Give it to Arkane. Just sayin'.

#4 Posted by Vitor (2829 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

Nathan Cheever's twitter here. The most recent post on the Prey 2 forums is 5 months ago, so I hope no one holds it against me for opening a new topic. Anyways, as somebody who's super duper excited about this game, I'm happy to hear any good (uh, neutral?) news. Seems obvious that if and when Prey 2 ships it'll be next generation.

Dude, they've had loads of people leave the studio over the past few weeks. If Prey 2 ever gets finished, it won't be by the team that started it.

I really, really want this game to come out but there's no way that's happening.

#5 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Weren't they pretty far in development, with a playable demo? If so that would suck to have all those assets scrapped.

Or was it all just target gameplay footage?

#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6133 posts) -

@DharmaBum said:

Weren't they pretty far in development, with a playable demo? If so that would suck to have all those assets scrapped.

Or was it all just target gameplay footage?

No one really knows, although a lot of the talk that's come out since that E3 demo makes it sound like that was almost all they had.

I could see this easily being a next-gen title.

@punkxblaze said:

Give it to Arkane. Just sayin'.

This wouldn't surprise me either.

#7 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3511 posts) -

@Vitor: To be honest I don't know much about the team (certainly didn't love Prey either, though ideas were cool), I just want the concept. Bounty hunter in space!

#8 Posted by Vitor (2829 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

@Vitor: To be honest I don't know much about the team (certainly didn't love Prey either, though ideas were cool), I just want the concept. Bounty hunter in space!

Oh same here, first Prey was mediocre even at the time and just the concept of what they'd shown seemed awesome.

I doubt it'll get finished the way they intended though. Real shame that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.