Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Prey 2 was the follow-up to Human Head's first-person shooter Prey. Bethesda confirmed the game's cancelation on October 30, 2014.

Nathan Cheever tweets Prey 2 "only in Limbo"

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Nathan Cheever's twitter here. The most recent post on the Prey 2 forums is 5 months ago, so I hope no one holds it against me for opening a new topic. Anyways, as somebody who's super duper excited about this game, I'm happy to hear any good (uh, neutral?) news. Seems obvious that if and when Prey 2 ships it'll be next generation.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

@GERALTITUDE said:

Seems obvious that if and when Prey 2 ships it'll be next generation.

Calling it now: Prey 2 will be picked up by a dying Zynga in a desperate attempt to stay solvent.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vaiz

Give it to Arkane. Just sayin'.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vitor

@GERALTITUDE said:

Nathan Cheever's twitter here. The most recent post on the Prey 2 forums is 5 months ago, so I hope no one holds it against me for opening a new topic. Anyways, as somebody who's super duper excited about this game, I'm happy to hear any good (uh, neutral?) news. Seems obvious that if and when Prey 2 ships it'll be next generation.

Dude, they've had loads of people leave the studio over the past few weeks. If Prey 2 ever gets finished, it won't be by the team that started it.

I really, really want this game to come out but there's no way that's happening.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DharmaBum

Weren't they pretty far in development, with a playable demo? If so that would suck to have all those assets scrapped.

Or was it all just target gameplay footage?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

@DharmaBum said:

Weren't they pretty far in development, with a playable demo? If so that would suck to have all those assets scrapped.

Or was it all just target gameplay footage?

No one really knows, although a lot of the talk that's come out since that E3 demo makes it sound like that was almost all they had.

I could see this easily being a next-gen title.

@punkxblaze said:

Give it to Arkane. Just sayin'.

This wouldn't surprise me either.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@Vitor: To be honest I don't know much about the team (certainly didn't love Prey either, though ideas were cool), I just want the concept. Bounty hunter in space!

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vitor

@GERALTITUDE said:

@Vitor: To be honest I don't know much about the team (certainly didn't love Prey either, though ideas were cool), I just want the concept. Bounty hunter in space!

Oh same here, first Prey was mediocre even at the time and just the concept of what they'd shown seemed awesome.

I doubt it'll get finished the way they intended though. Real shame that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.