Prey 2 Cancelled - Inside Source

• 175 results
#151 Edited by RanmaRanma (68 posts) -

Kind of neat? Everyone who I've ever heard talk about this game has had nothing but majorly impressed reactions. The game was looking to be phenomenal. I guess place this one alongside Pirates of the Carribean: Armada of the Damned that was cancelled too as another boneheaded cancellation. Maybe it's not true though. Get on it Patrick!

#152 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

@MoseSSesoM said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Vodun said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@Zaccheus said:

Fuck me, Bethesda puts out Rogue Warrior, but this gets cancelled? How bad could it be?

@kishinfoulux said:

This gets cancelled yet trash like Homefront 2 is being made. There is no justice in this world.

Well that's a bit of a stupid statement, isn't it? How do you know that Homefront 2 is bad when no one has seen it and it's even being made by a different studio? That studio is also Crytek and they have made at least decent games in the past.

Because the first one was garbage? I don't care who's making it. At least Prey was an interesting looking FPS. Homefront is just another military shooter.

If you judge a game by its predecessor alone then Prey 2 should get burned and buried at a crossroads.

Wait are you saying Prey 1 was garbage?

Pretty much.

I disagree. Prey was a lot of fun, had a decent story, an innovative gameplay mechanic that people chose to just look at the flaws in and not the potential.

It's a shame if they've puled the plug on this when Bethesda let shit like Brink get published. I can only think there must have been something godawful going on behind the scenes to cause this.

#153 Posted by EODTech (83 posts) -

Hate to say it but this happens all the time even to games with good looking trailers, artwork, etc released already. Look at the cool videos from Dungeon Hero released a few years ago, and now it's vaporware. And we get nothing from Valve, they're like the sphinx, but it's looking like Episode 3 will never happen either.

#154 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

So Bethesda thought Brink and Hunted: The Demon's Forge were good investments, but Prey 2 somehow isn't? Is there any chance of the IP changing publishing hands or does Bethesda own it?

#155 Posted by Kidavenger (3547 posts) -

So a Dutch site that nobody has ever heard of reports about a twitter post some low end programmer made a month and a half ago and you guys buy into it? Surely good evidence that a 95% complete game is being cancelled for unexplained reasons.

#156 Posted by kishinfoulux (2303 posts) -

@Vodun said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@Zaccheus said:

Fuck me, Bethesda puts out Rogue Warrior, but this gets cancelled? How bad could it be?

@kishinfoulux said:

This gets cancelled yet trash like Homefront 2 is being made. There is no justice in this world.

Well that's a bit of a stupid statement, isn't it? How do you know that Homefront 2 is bad when no one has seen it and it's even being made by a different studio? That studio is also Crytek and they have made at least decent games in the past.

Because the first one was garbage? I don't care who's making it. At least Prey was an interesting looking FPS. Homefront is just another military shooter.

If you judge a game by its predecessor alone then Prey 2 should get burned and buried at a crossroads.

Prey, at the very least, had an interesting idea. It wasn't some generic shooter. Also it seems a surprising amount of people actually liked Prey.

#157 Posted by BBQBram (2236 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

So a Dutch site that nobody has ever heard of reports about a twitter post some low end programmer made a month and a half ago and you guys buy into it? Surely good evidence that a 95% complete game is being cancelled for unexplained reasons.

People! We don't know shit yet - relax.

#158 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#159 Posted by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -
@iWonder said:
Someone take this picture and put Scorpion in it.
#160 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11002 posts) -

I REALLY hope this is false and the game is still on track. I'm crazy hyped for this game.

#161 Edited by JCTango (1362 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: If this story does become true, I don't think there would be a better cause (video game related) for kickstarter funds than this game!

#162 Posted by GinjaAssassin (158 posts) -

When they demo'd it at E3, it looked fantastic! I feel like it had to be pretty far along. Although it was only a demo, it looked pretty clean and complete. If this is true (which I've already started to accept that it might be) I will be pretty bummed. I was really looking forward to this one...

#163 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I was really looking forward to this. I hope this isn't true. The game seemed pretty far into development. If it gets cancelled by the publisher, let's hope someone else will pick it up and release it

#164 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

I will be completely disappointed if this game doesn't see the light of day.

#165 Posted by Cronus42 (275 posts) -

So this topic is several days old now, still no verification? False afterall?

#166 Posted by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

There's no reason not to debunk the rumor if it's not true. But there's still hope I guess !

#167 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Maybe another publisher will pick it up, they'll rename it "Ice the Bounty Hunter and Party Planner" it will have Arrested Development cameos and references all over the place.

#168 Posted by Funkydupe (3318 posts) -

PR stunt?

#169 Posted by hermes (1480 posts) -

I won't believe it until Bethesda or Human Head comments on it.

If true, its a pity... It was one of the most interesting games of last E3 and, by the look of things, it was pretty advanced into development.

#170 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Even though Bethesda has not confirmed it isn't cancelled yet, its Thursday afternoon and we STILL haven't gotten any news about it being cancelled, which is what the rumor stated that we'd find out this week.

My guess is, they're either trying to find someone else to finish it and Humanhead is being shutdown, or the game is probably going to go under a restart. Probably being too ambitious.

#171 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

This doesn't make any sense at all. I really hope this isn't true.

I was stoked for this game.

And by reading this forum I can tell alot of people were excited for this game aswell...

#172 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook: I was going to say, didn't Bethesda specifically say they would comment this week?

#173 Posted by Kidavenger (3547 posts) -

The webpage for this game is gone, all the links from bethesda and prey2.com go to the game's facebook page now.

#174 Posted by Catarrhal (831 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

The webpage for this game is gone, all the links from bethesda and prey2.com go to the game's facebook page now.

Yeah, but that had already been the case for weeks (if not months) before this rumor was started.

#175 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

That is crazy, I hope it's not true. The game looked really promising!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.