There's a New Sheriff in Prey 2's Town

• 178 results
#51 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

Looks cool.

#52 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

Boba Fett - the Game. George Lucas is proud of you guys.

#53 Posted by xombi242 (192 posts) -

I think my brain just died of pure awesome.

#54 Posted by MasterXell (17 posts) -

Wow, if the game is half as awesome as that trailer was, I am totally going to need to get it. I was really impressed with the trailer, it really grabs you and pulls you in.

#55 Posted by eltrut (42 posts) -

All over my body, please.

Also loled when he used that capture decive. Gotta catch 'em all. Couldn't help it.

#56 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

That was an awesome CGI trailer.

#57 Posted by zitosilva (1841 posts) -

Sorry for the language, but...

this looks fucking awesome!

#58 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

While the CG trailer was cool as fuck.

It would be better to see some game footage.

#59 Posted by Contra (247 posts) -

Great trailer.
How much of that can I do in the game?

Jumping blind off a cliff onto a monorail looks cool.  but unless your onboard computer thing is gonig to tell you things like that; I can't see it working.

And I have to agree with a few people here; other than to use the cool plane bit at the begining, in what sense is this Prey in any way shape or form?  It is really to cash in on that important Prey recognition?

#60 Posted by PieGuy (313 posts) -

Trailer was awesome!
I'm now interested in what the actual game is like.

#61 Posted by PenguinDust (12640 posts) -

Sadly, after that the actual game can't help but disappoint.  *sigh*

I dug it.

#62 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I love this new trend of thanking publishers instead of developers for games. So next Mass Effect game, I'll make sure to thank EA first and foremost. 

#63 Posted by LordLOC (194 posts) -

If the game is anything like that, color me impressed.

However, I want to know how Tommy's story finished up (if it did) and what happened to Earth etc. I hope they don't just plop you down on that planet and bam your a bounty hunter.

#64 Posted by Osiris (537 posts) -

I liked the first Prey... this one, like everyone is saying doesn't look like it has anything to do with the first one... but what do we know? :) Looking forward to see more!

#65 Posted by Hef (1158 posts) -

If they can actually make chases with such a quick pace and fulled of action...that'd be pretty cool.  Maybe some weird L.A Noire mixed with Brink style craziness.

#66 Posted by Tondo (146 posts) -

wow. looks great. Hope the actual gameplay can get close to this trailer.

#67 Posted by Teaspoon83 (629 posts) -

Never played the original but it sounded interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up one of these days. This? I want to be a badass future bounty hunter! What they described on the podcast makes me wonder if they saw actual gameplay or this trailer. Hopefully they make it work because I am interested.

#68 Posted by Snowboarder75 (49 posts) -

Wow, I was gonna make a joke about bad guys having transfarring abilities, but DAMN... That looks good.

#69 Posted by myslead (929 posts) -

wow this looks waaaaaaaaaaay better than Prey 1

at least the premise looks much better.

and the music in the trailer made it feel a little firefly-esque ahah which is awesome !

#70 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Haha, Rusty Cage. Cool trailer.

#71 Posted by CaptainApollo13 (70 posts) -

That was one of the coolest trailers I have ever seen, I love the premise of being a sci-fi bounty hunter with some pretty amazing tech. Also, that bounty transport device - totally badass!

#72 Posted by Kazona (3097 posts) -

I know it's bad to get excited for a game from a CG trailer, but damn if that don't look awesome.

#73 Posted by Atrithau (32 posts) -

This is fan-fucking-tastic. Loved the whole thing, from the alien designs, to the space cowboys. Fuck yeah bounty hunting!

#74 Posted by korsair_13 (70 posts) -

How does this have anything to do with Prey?

#75 Posted by dr_mantas (2069 posts) -

Yeah, this is like Prey because... it's in space?

Might as well call it Cowboy Bebop: The Game.

I wish they made a Cowboy Bebop game.

#76 Posted by bybeach (5000 posts) -

This isn't Prey. That may be alright, though the old game was alright mostly, also. I'll buy into the same universe bit.
#77 Posted by dancinginfernal (479 posts) -

See you, Space Cowboy.

#78 Posted by Dain22 (319 posts) -

Fuck the game, when's this TV show coming out?

#79 Posted by koolaid39 (255 posts) -

Shepherd, is that you?

#80 Posted by kist (208 posts) -

Wow, brad was right this game looks hella cool! loving the style on this

#81 Posted by Rekt_Hed (851 posts) -

Very interested to see how this title develops. While hold down my hype for this game until I see gameplay.

#82 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Yet another game to add to to the 2011/12 shopping list. 

Looks really great, too. Cleverly made trailer.

#83 Posted by Donos (1197 posts) -

Whether the mechanics work out or not, I'm glad they've got a good tone figured out. One thing I'd like is if they warmed up the colour pallete a bit from the usual futurey blues to match the western vibe.

#84 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Never played or even really heard much about the first prey before, but this looks really good. If they can make the actual gameplay as cool as this trailer I'll be surprised, but I'm definitely keeping an eye one this now. I like the style.

#85 Posted by sixpin (1309 posts) -

@mantasradzas said:

It was made, but never saw a state-side release after the Bandai/Namco merger in 2005.

#86 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -

I guess they preyd for a better game and that's what they got. Pretty nice.

#87 Posted by LuckyTaylor (3 posts) -

I am loving the reboots that are happening with these new games.  This and Tomb Raider have me very interested.

#88 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

@schattenwolf86 said:

Trailer didn't mention a PC version... :(

Yeah dude I looked all over the screen too. There's gotta be a PC version though right? I mean there's one of the first one.

#89 Posted by blacklab (1598 posts) -

What's this FMV boolsheet? Either the game is so insane they don't want to reveal it, or it's 1/10 complete and 'soon' means 2014?

#90 Posted by Koobz (407 posts) -

I'm sure that'll look pretty awesome playing on a giant screen at E3, then when you get to the booth it's just smaller screens showing the same thing and a lady in a vaguely space-y bikini handing out Prey 2 lanyards.

#91 Posted by onarum (2301 posts) -

I remember Brad mentioning this was a open world kinda game, that and this trailer got me really interested.

#92 Posted by Tactless (92 posts) -

@Dain22: no kidding

#93 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Why is that alien speaking English? 

I know, I know, I just can never get over stuff like that.

#94 Posted by Atilac (89 posts) -

Looks impressive for a movie on syfy, show me some gameplay and I might give a fuck.

#95 Posted by martellus (99 posts) -

this looks fantastic, but also like it would be really easy to fuck up making this game awesome.  I want this game to come out and be exactly what it promises, I want that so bad.  But i'm not sure that its likely that that will happen.

#96 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

Why is that alien speaking English? I know, I know, I just can never get over stuff like that.

Maybe the alien can speak english? trying to say aliens can only speak alien? fucking racist man.. racist.

#97 Edited by GodsMistakeXx (134 posts) -

Absolutely love the concept.. 

EDIT: and the song 

EDIT2: However, still not crazy about aliens swearing in perfect english.

#98 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@sixpin said:

@mantasradzas said:

It was made, but never saw a state-side release after the Bandai/Namco merger in 2005.

So, I wish they made an actual, good, Cowboy Bebop game that was released in NA. 

This isn't quite like Cowboy Bebop in terms of aesthetic or setting, but it's still the same concept of being a bounty hunter in space, which I've always wanted. I'm looking forward to it.
#99 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (389 posts) -

bad ass

#100 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

What did I just watch?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.