Why did Prey 2 get snubbed by awards?

#1 Posted by Mentalnova (139 posts) -

I thought it was game of show. Beautiful graphics, great animations, cool gadgets, meaty demo shows it will play great with cover and parkour system too. 
 
Did any relevant site give it any awards? I don't think Bioshock: Infinite should of won in Prey 2's categories.

#2 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Did you see the full 15 minute Bioshock: Infinite gameplay yet?  It was pretty amazing too, and these news sites got to see that at E3.  I do agree that Prey 2 looked pretty amazing.  Possibly more-so than Bioshock simple because I prefer that sci-fi setting.

#3 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

It looked great but that 15 minute demo of bioshock infinite looked better to a lot of people myself included. 

#4 Edited by MannyMAR (405 posts) -

I think it didn't get recognized more was due to the game being demoed for the press before E3. Which probably diminished its impact whereas that section of Bioshock Infinite wasn't shown until the show.

That's my guess anyway.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite just impressed a lot more people in the press. As for myself, I'm still baffled at some of the decisions that they've made in Prey 2. Like...pretty much making it absolutely nothing like Prey.

Online
#6 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2211 posts) -

Yeah the Prey 2 demo was very impressive to me and should have been at least a nominee in a few categories. Far Cry 3 was the same and didn't even get nominated and while the Bioshock Infinite demo was impressive I'm questioning whether it deserved all those awards.It even got best PC game which is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

#7 Edited by Mentalnova (139 posts) -

I just hope the devs don't take it as an insult since E3 2010 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier got snubbed and now the 2011 version looks worse.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

@Mentalnova said:

I just hope the devs don't take it as an insult since E3 2010 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier got snubbed and now the 2011 version looks worse.

And how did that game get snubbed?

Online
#9 Edited by Joru (311 posts) -
@Hailinel: It's also the smartest thing they could do. 

People are immediately dismissive of Prey 2 because of what the first Prey was. I think it looks great though.
#10 Posted by EuanDewar (4757 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Bioshock Infinite just impressed a lot more people in the press. As for myself, I'm still baffled at some of the decisions that they've made in Prey 2. Like...pretty much making it absolutely nothing like Prey.

Im sure many people would argue that is the best decision they could have made.

#11 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel said:

Bioshock Infinite just impressed a lot more people in the press. As for myself, I'm still baffled at some of the decisions that they've made in Prey 2. Like...pretty much making it absolutely nothing like Prey.

Im sure many people would argue that is the best decision they could have made.

Then why even call it Prey 2?

Online
#12 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

The Infinite demo was pretty incredible and people are probably a bit wary of Prey 2 because of the previous release, even if this one is completely different.

#13 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Don't you know?  It's because Bioshock Infinite has big boobs in it.  Everyone's talking about them.  Prey 2 just suffered from a lack of eye-catching cleavage. 

#14 Edited by JEC03 (898 posts) -

Bioshock series is overated even infinite I'll give credit to the unique worlds they create there great at that but what I don't care for is the way the weapons feel and look  in the original Bioshock they didn't feel fun to use and the sound effects where weak  the characters are to over the top and are just silly at times. I don't care for them it looks to be similar in infinite to.But anyway I don't care if Prey 2 didn't win any awards the game from what I seen so far the universe and gameplay appeals to me not like Bioshock.

#15 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel said:

Bioshock Infinite just impressed a lot more people in the press. As for myself, I'm still baffled at some of the decisions that they've made in Prey 2. Like...pretty much making it absolutely nothing like Prey.

Im sure many people would argue that is the best decision they could have made.

Then why even call it Prey 2?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.
 
"Guys, no one liked the first game so we're going to make something 100% completely different. We're going to distance ourselves from it as far as we can!"
"So what are we calling it?"
"Prey 2."
#16 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

Imo... bioshock isn't that great

#17 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

If we're talking about the difference between why Bioshock deserves more awards in editors hearts, it because it not only looked great, but brings a lot of questions as to what will happen in it, while Prey 2 didn't as much. I'm looking forward to Prey 2 a lot, simply for the fact it looks like Blade Runner in ways. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.