For $8, this game is well worth the money

#1 Posted by Shadow (4978 posts) -

I picked this up at Gamestop for probably the cheapest I've seen a non-sports 360 game.  For the price, it's pretty damn good.  It's no Halo, Dead Space, or Portal, or anything else like that with similar elements.  I'm about halfway through the story and it's actually pretty good.  Pick it up if you have some spare change.  For less than a downloadable game, it delivers.

#2 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Any game for $8 is well worth picking up, thats like pocket change.

#3 Edited by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

It was on Steam for 4 bucks a while back and I grabbed it.

To tell you the truth though, I think the game is worth full price. I love Prey.

Edit: I rocked the shit outta this game's page :D

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I think Prey is an extremely underrated game...I thought the SP was really good. The MP was interesting too...if only it could run lag-free with more than 3 people in a match.

#5 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Yeah it's pretty good for what it went through before finally coming out.

Sometimes it does things that make you go "Wow, now THAT is really cool."

.....and sometimes, "Wow, I was walking on the wall and then on the other wall and oh, well now I'm dead."

#6 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -
Hamz said:
"Any game for $8 is well worth picking up, that's like pocket change."
Pretty much the truth. It's certainly a small enough amount to take a chance on.
#7 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

I actually just finished this game a couple of days ago.

#8 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -
MKHavoc said:
"I actually just finished this game a couple of days ago."
Ah.... but did you like it eight  dollars worth? That is the million-dollar question at the moment.
#9 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Also...$8 is cheaper than a 360/PS3 game rental at Blockbuster.

#10 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -
Gameboi said:
"MKHavoc said:
"I actually just finished this game a couple of days ago."
Ah.... but did you like it eight  dollars worth? That is the million-dollar question at the moment."
I did enjoy it, but I feel like I should have played in 2006 when in came out.  Standards have changed a bit since then but it's totally worth the money.
#11 Posted by Tordah (2471 posts) -

I just got this game for 8 euro and I would say it's worth my money so far. I could only play 5 levels before I started feeling sick though, haha. First time I've felt motion-sickness from a game.

I guess I'm not used to walking upside down on the ceiling or changing gravity by shooting a button...

#12 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Prey was a really bizarre but great game. Sadly by the time I had picked up a copy of it for 8 bucks new back in 2007 there was no one playing multiplayer. Hopefully Humanhead puts out Prey 2 sometime in the next year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.