Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 11, 2006

Aliens turned Tommy's world upside down. It's about time he returned the favor.

Is Prey still worth playing

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By left4doof

I never played prey and since prey 2 is in the works I thought I should play prey  or should I wait for prey 2 ?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

I did not enjoy Prey very much at all. If you have nothing else to play then I would say to go ahead. I wouldn't put in front of anything else though.

Finalwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Finalwish

Prey 1 and 2 are very different games, they just share a name. Prey 1 is an FPS puzzle game while Prey 2 is some open world type game. It is an alright game but its not amazing, but I only got about half way through before getting pretty bored.  

If your playing for a connecting story then its not really worth it because i'm sure the most you will see of it in prey 2 is the main character in prey 1 coming back. (think it was mentioned) but you get what hes like in about the first 30 mins of gameplay.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Yes, I played it relatively recently and I loved it :D Definitely one of my favourite FPSs.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Finalwish said:

Prey 1 and 2 are very different games, they just share a name. Prey 1 is an FPS puzzle game while Prey 2 is some open world type game. It is an alright game but its not amazing, but I only got about half way through before getting pretty bored. If your playing for a connecting story then its not really worth it because i'm sure the most you will see of it in prey 2 is the main character in prey 1 coming back. (think it was mentioned) but you get what hes like in about the first 30 mins of gameplay.

Puzzle game? Prey is just a shooter.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Rekt_Hed

I'd say the first 2-3hrs of the game are worth a play but after that the gameplay just repeats itself to much and the story moves at a snails pace of which there isn't much.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I don't think there has ever been a time when it was worth playing Prey.

Also, it seems to have little to do with Prey 2.

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MisterChief

Play the demo. It features the best sequence of the entire game.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Finalwish said:

Prey 1 and 2 are very different games, they just share a name. Prey 1 is an FPS puzzle game while Prey 2 is some open world type game. It is an alright game but its not amazing, but I only got about half way through before getting pretty bored. If your playing for a connecting story then its not really worth it because i'm sure the most you will see of it in prey 2 is the main character in prey 1 coming back. (think it was mentioned) but you get what hes like in about the first 30 mins of gameplay.

Puzzle game? Prey is just a shooter.

Yup there are no puzzles in the game. The portals that open are not puzzely and heavily scripted. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.