This sort of looks like Left 4 Dead meets Jurassic Park.. Amazing

#1 Posted by ztiworoh (728 posts) -

This gameplay looks early, but man, DINOSAURS!

#2 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

Does look awesome, also....

raptor ball sack.

#3 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

"Lukewarm" doesn't seem like a great thing to call your studio.

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9737 posts) -

I still think this is the greatest Jurassic Park crossover ever (regardless of if that game above is actually tied to the Jurassic Park license or not).

#5 Posted by ztiworoh (728 posts) -

@Slaker117: What if your name is Luke?

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Looks interesting.

#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@ztiworoh: I don't know, maybe go for "Cool Luke" instead? It still relates to Luke and temperature, and is close enough to Paul Newman that some of his greatness rubs off, but not enough to be copyright infringing. Beats the hell out of a synonym for "unenthusiastic".
#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4371 posts) -

I think I got all I need out of this game from this trailer.

#9 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -
@ztiworoh said:

@Slaker117: What if your name is Luke?

I think if your name is Luke maybe consider not naming your company after yourself. 

Same goes for anyone named Les.
#10 Posted by AssInAss (2397 posts) -

WOW this looks pretty amazing!

Dinosaur vs human asynchronous multiplayer, makes me forget how awful the recent Turok and Jurassic Park games were.

#11 Posted by Master_Funk (723 posts) -

Looks cool, but man, 'primal carnage' is a hella generic name for your dinosaur game.

#12 Posted by captain_max707 (471 posts) -

This is incredible.

#13 Posted by Butano (1681 posts) -

Powered by EVGA? First time I've ever seen that. Usually it's ATI or Nvidia or AMD or Intel.

#14 Edited by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Left 4 Dead with dinosaurs, you say?

I am all over this shit as long as it's better than that last humans vs dinosaurs game that tried to do this shit. What was it called? Dino Day or something?

#15 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Interesting concept, but it doesn't look particularly fun in action. Maybe that's just because it's so early though.

#16 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

Looks cool. I'd play it.

#17 Posted by Dark (356 posts) -

Dinosaurs are back in fasion baby.

Also as no one has said it yet, did you guys see that one raptor? She was a 'clever girl' \o/

#18 Posted by Evilsbane (4333 posts) -

If it is tightened up a bit could be a shit ton of fun!

#19 Posted by Vitor (2789 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Left 4 Dead with dinosaurs, you say?

I am all over this shit as long as it's better than that last humans vs dinosaurs game that tried to do this shit. What was it called? Dino Day or something?

Dino-D Day. Although that barely seemed like a full blown retail game.

This however is set for Xbox, PS3 and PC. Looks a little more polished at least. If lacking in depth so far. Cool idea though and it certainly looks nice (and the T-rex sounds awesome, so Klepek will be happy).

#20 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Looks like a bad PC mod

#21 Edited by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

So I wasn't going to watch the video, but I saw this and had to make sure. That does sound like a really bad name for a company.

Let's hope their reception is better than their name.

Anyway, I'll watch this now and see if it looks like anything special or just Turok with better graphics.

EDIT: Well, it looks like it could be fun. But I can see some obvious balance issues - namely, the dinosaurs being the star of the show and humans delegated to weak food. Which, in Jurassic Park, is great, but playing as weak food is not fun.

#22 Posted by HatKing (5557 posts) -

Shit, those are some very Jurassic Park inspired dinosaur designs. Damn close to being straight lifted from Jurassic Park, just a pallet swap. Look at that t-rex head. It's identical to the iconic design from the movies. Not complaining at all, I adore those movies and the designs.

#23 Posted by JackSukeru (5816 posts) -

Game looks so-so, but it's an alpha, and there are far too few dinosaur games coming out these days for me not to be at least a little bit positive about this.

#24 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@believer258 said:

@Slaker117 said:

So I wasn't going to watch the video, but I saw this and had to make sure. That does sound like a really bad name for a company.

Anyway, I'll watch this now and see if it looks like anything special or just Turok with better graphics.

EDIT: Well, it looks like it could be fun. But I can see some obvious balance issues - namely, the dinosaurs being the star of the show and humans delegated to weak food. Which, in Jurassic Park, is great, but playing as weak food is not fun.

I would want to play as humans. Taking down a T-Rex should be fun.
#25 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@believer258 said:

@Slaker117 said:

I wasn't saying that people wouldn't want to play as humans, I was saying that people don't want to play a game where one of the teams is incredibly underpowered. I'm worried that those T-Rexes as well as every other dino class will have tons of health and far more speed and strength than humans. They could just soak up bullets and run straight toward the other team with reckless abandon.

#26 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@believer258 said:

@MikeGosot said:

@believer258 said:

@Slaker117 said:

I wasn't saying that people wouldn't want to play as humans, I was saying that people don't want to play a game where one of the teams is incredibly underpowered. I'm worried that those T-Rexes as well as every other dino class will have tons of health and far more speed and strength than humans. They could just soak up bullets and run straight toward the other team with reckless abandon.

I dunno. Watching that trailer, the T-Rex seemed like he dies kinda quickly. Besides, i feel like the level design will somehow be in favor of humans instead of the dinos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.